• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bob deuce data plate--need count on truck numbers

DKELONE

Jimm, thanks for the positive comments. I noticed that you are in lft--i grew up in marksville & during my lsu days would fly to lft to go to the blair house restaurant. Was sorry to hear of its closing. David

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, the plates look good. How about making the 3rd plate into a XM381 plate for the gasser crowd (no A2)? Well I guess it's not a crowd more like a couple. I'd buy one.[thumbzup]

DKELONE

AS IT STANDS NOW I HAVE REQUESTS FOR 6 WO/W PLATES, 5 W/W PLATES AND 15
XM381A2 (NO MENTION OF WINCH). IT IS NOT ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE TO PRODUCE ALL 3 AT THESE NUMBERS EVEN FACTORING IN FUTURE SALES. UNLESS I GET A BUNCH OF REQUESTS IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS I WILL PRODUCE THE ONE XM381A2 (NO MENTION OF WINCH) WHICH SHOULD HOPEFULLY WORK FOR ALL OWNERS.

asgtoolman

David; put me down for one-mine will not have winch so XMA381A2 would be fine--I HOPE my bob job will be complete by the time the plates are.
Thanks for all your efforts in this matter.

DKELONE

YOU BOBBERS NEED TO GET BOBBING!!!!

I JUST PLACED AN ORDER FOR 150 EA OF THE BOBBED DEUCE DATA PLATE W/O MENTION OF WINCH. THERE WAS TOO LITTLE RESPONSE TO PRODUCE IT IN BOTH A W/W & WO/W VERSION. HOPEFULLY THE ABSENCE OF ANY WINCH MENTION WILL WORK FOR YOU GUYS. THEY TELL ME THEY WILL BE PRODUCED BY 24 SEPT. I SHOULD HAVE THEM IN HAND AND READY TO SHIP BY 01 OCT. I GOT THEM TO EAT THE EXTRA ARTWORK COSTS SO PRICES WILL BE APPROX $40 EACH. THANKS, DAVID

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachm...ll-purpose.jpg

miltruckman

Oops, I replied after looking at the incorrect Id plate photo. I see the plate has just over 10,000lb empty weight. Thats great!

I also have a friend converting several trucks to bobbed configuration here in Michigan who keeps asking me about I.D. plates.

I'll take one as soon as they are available.

Thanks

Bill
Michigan

Last edited:
Those plate designs are pretty spiffy! The only problem I have is I'm planning to leave an extra 15 inches or so in the frame of the truck so that I end up with the space between the cab and bed to facilitate mounting a tool box, fuel can holders and possibly a spare tire. That would blow the measurements and weights a little. What would my designation be? XM381A2B? XM381A2C? Or perhaps XM381A2S, S = Stretch. I'm not real sure how those designations are structured? Anyone with MV Trans exprience might be able to clarify, but I'm curious what a custom nomenclature plate would look like for my bobber. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks