• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing m35a3 keeping 6x6

offroadexpeditions

patracy what do u mean ? u think we should move the tandoms back ? all we did was cut and move the frame in 3'. every thing works 100% this is our offroad beater and have never had any problems love the look. getting ready to do it to our a3 too.
Explicit1, how does the bobbing affect the turning on the hard and soft surfaces? Thanks, Peter

EXPLICIT1

its drives 100%. love the way it drives and handles. i dont know what 3' whould have to do with it but it gos like crazy off road. cant wait to get some big tires on it. we plated the back side of the frame rails. i tow around 15k with the truck and i beat the heck out of it off road. i have had no isses with the frame rails. if and when it cracks then i will know what to do to fix it..lol.. sry to all that is concerned that i was not "supposed" to weld on the frame but i did and have for 20yrs. iwill keep the good hack jobs going ;)

offroadexpeditions

its drives 100%. love the way it drives and handles. i dont know what 3' whould have to do with it but it gos like crazy off road. cant wait to get some big tires on it. we plated the back side of the frame rails. i tow around 15k with the truck and i beat the heck out of it off road. i have had no isses with the frame rails. if and when it cracks then i will know what to do to fix it..lol.. sry to all that is concerned that i was not "supposed" to weld on the frame but i did and have for 20yrs. iwill keep the good hack jobs going ;)
Explicit1, here are some speculations in this thread that the tandem would push the vehicle staight too much, and it would affect the ability to steer it. Have you noticed something like this? Does it steer like original deuce, or is there any difference? Thanks., Peter

Section8

I think it looks kinda cool! Brings to mind those Argo 6x6 amphibious things. Slam on some 395's or 1600s if your gonna go all out on it and lift it and push all axles together and make the rear counter steer so you could pull some wicked donuts!
Can't remember the name of the APC but that would be the easier route if its street legal.
Still looks cool though. If you want it do it don't let others tell you different. Isn't that the basis of the constitution of the states?!

JasonS

Just because someone posts that deuce frames aren't tempered doesn't make it true.
These frames are designed to flex, you may have noticed the spring mount on the bed.
Mild steel bends and stays that way. Don't look at the heat treat code on the frame rails either.
I've seen a K5 Blazer frame crack next to the welds used to move the rear axle back.
Yes I said the frame cracked not the weld itself.
The TMs say it is OK to weld the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks