• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bonedoc's M35A2 modification thread

bonedoc

If anyone wants to know how much copper is on our trucks?

Here it is....its a lot!!

I'd like to thank Peashooter for the brakeline kit and both Peashooter and Rustystud very much for all the help and patience answering questions and providing info

Attachments

peashooter

If anyone wants to know how much copper is on our trucks?

Here it is....its a lot!!

I'd like to thank Peashooter for the brakeline kit and both Peashooter and Rustystud very much for all the help and patience answering questions and providing info
You have done a great job. I believe I'll be borrowing the idea for the braided stainless hose coming off the air compressor that you and Rustystud have done!

peashooter, you know more about the "Art" of the Deuce than d*** near any human being alive I believe (I mean you, and the select few others who regularly chime in here so helpfully).

I don't vent own a Deuce anymore, but want to thank you anyhow for all the pearls of wisdom and knowing. [thumbzup]
Thanks for the kind words Ahab, but I can safely say there are only a couple areas on the deuce that I know a lot about..... Most other areas I know very little about.

bonedoc

Well the Redball Military show was this past weekend at the West end fairgrounds in Gilbert PA. Was a great show, got to meet several new faces and see many good friends. Took advantage of the show to pick up some Gillespie paints from one of the vendors as I had always planned on completing my truck's paint job to make it 3 color camo. With the weather turning very quickly in the northeast I didn't wait long as we don't have much nice weather left.

Got my 3 color camo completed. Very happy with the results. Here are some pics. I used the TM as a guideline, made a few minor adjustments because of mistakes, etc.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Well the Redball Military show was this past weekend at the West end fairgrounds in Gilbert PA.

Got my 3 color camo completed. Very happy with the results. Here are some pics. I used the TM as a guideline, made a few minor adjustments because of mistakes, etc.
The truck looks excellent; nice job.

Last edited:

bonedoc

I was having a little issue with my remote reservoir and master cylinder seeping fluid a bit where they connect. This was more annoying than anything but wanted to remedy it nonetheless.
First thing I found was that my master cylinder cap did not have the copper gasket. I replaced it with a 1.5" o-ring the went over the threads easily and sat nice up against the lip of the master cylinder cap.
Next was that I couldn't easily disconnect my remote reservoir from my master cyli...nder to bleed the brakes. I thought about a shut off valve in my remote reservoir line but decided against that because I would still have to disconnect it at the reservoir to hook up my pressure bleeder. In theory....since my master cylinder is new I shouldn't have to remove it for a while.
So what I came up with was a T-fitting on the master cylinder cap. The 90 degree port was then fitted with a small ball valve that then connected to the remote reservoir line. The other side of the T-fitting now replaces the port that you would attach your remote reservoir to. That is fitted with a small plug when not in use.
This allows for 2 nice features. To bleed the brakes you simply shut the remote reservoir off via the ball valve, remove the plug, and connect your pressure bleeder.
The other nice feature is that my remote reservoir line goes down from my master cylinder and up the firewall to the reservoir. This really gives no place for any air in the remote reservoir line or in the top of the top of the master cylinder to go and escape. So with the port on top you can open the ball valve slightly and bleed the air out then install the plug.

Attachments

rustystud

Thanks, glad you like it. It seemed like the logical choice for the floor. Too me it is much more durable than paint for under foot.
I totally agree ! I love Herculiner. I have used it for years on all my trucks and other equipment. If you use the Herculiner Sealer it will protect it from "UV" light damage.

bonedoc

Any Plans for a Coolant Heater or does the truck all ready have one?
I have a coolant heater, cab heater, and coolant filter kit...LOL....just need to get around to installing it all.

I will say though my truck seems to start with no issues. I have started it as cold as 10 degrees out with no so much as a hiccup.

rustystud

I have a coolant heater, cab heater, and coolant filter kit...LOL....just need to get around to installing it all.

I will say though my truck seems to start with no issues. I have started it as cold as 10 degrees out with no so much as a hiccup.
A diesel engine that is running properly will start at really low temps. It is the engine that has a couple of iffy injectors or slightly plugged filters or low compression or a bad starting system (cables bad, starter weak) etc. that will require a starting aid. I remember starting my tank at -5 degrees below zero. Of course any lower and it probably would need a little ether.
Of course what I just described is pretty much a new engine !

Last edited:

bonedoc

I purchased a complete new tow bar package from a SS member a few months ago and finally got it mounted. The mounting idea came from another SS member and I liked it and mimicked it. It came out good. Solidly mounted and have space to the right of the tow feet end to put a tool box with axle clamps, 3/4" feet, chains, etc.

Attachments

rustystud

I purchased a complete new tow bar package from a SS member a few months ago and finally got it mounted. The mounting idea came from another SS member and I liked it and mimicked it. It came out good. Solidly mounted and have space to the right of the tow feet end to put a tool box with axle clamps, 3/4" feet, chains, etc.
I was also thinking of doing that with mine. It's a good idea.

bonedoc

Well got another toy today for the truck. Purchased this from SS member Suprman. I had been looking for one for a while and he has a bunch of these, brand spanking new, sealed and everything. Complete 1/2" roboimpact gun kit with torgue multiplier and such. Plan on putting this inside the cab, should fit nicely right under the passenger bench seat.
In all seriousness....if anyone is looking for one, Suprman was great to deal with and for $200.00 complete and new it was the best price I had seen anywhere.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks