• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A M275 Need some guidance

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to have to pass on present and future deuce ownership. 20 years was enough, passing the torch to you young folk.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cool thanks for all the info. In your opinion what would be a good price point for one such as this? I know pics would help, but owner was anxious to get back to work.
I think they are worth around $3000 in "as is running condition". I will have one for sale in January as soon as I can reinstall all the tractor items.

Attachments

Jeepsinker

Come on Kenny, we have a local member here that is in his mid 50's and just bought his first deuce. Don't tell me you're too old for it. Now, tired of the fuel bill or tinkering I could maybe understand. Myself, I find working on the deuce easier than any truck or passenger car I've ever had the displeasure of repairing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on Kenny, we have a local member here that is in his mid 50's and just bought his first deuce. Don't tell me you're too old for it. Now, tired of the fuel bill or tinkering I could maybe understand. Myself, I find working on the deuce easier than any truck or passenger car I've ever had the displeasure of repairing.
Strong mind, weak back. I've grown weary of them. For 20 years I pushed the envelope of common sense with them from flat towing them with a 1 ton truck to taking 1300 mile trips towing a second deuce. On all these I never had a credit card with a super high limit. Somehow I managed to complete all the missions. I figured that it was time to move on before I did something I couldn't recover from. Some numbers from my stupidity and thinking I was bulletproof. 2800 miles of flat towing deuces with a 1 ton truck. Uncounted thousands of towbar miles towing deuces with deuces, 3300 miles of piggyback towing with the .......M275A2. I'm tired!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Strong mind, weak back. I've grown weary of them. For 20 years I pushed the envelope of common sense with them Some numbers from my stupidity and thinking I was bulletproof. I'm tired!
You ain't done yet!
OK,that means you are now a Warrant Officer here to teach us what not to do. WO is the guy that has been there, done that and can teach the kids.

DO We have a "main thread" for towing?
If not maybe you could begin one!

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I went and done it now! I ended up buying the deuce today. Title says it is a 1978.
Data plate on dash says it is a Kaiser Jeep M275-A2 wo/wn.
Another data plate on the dash says fuel capacity per Federal Spec. VV f 800 is 110 gallons.

Truck runs but does have the trans. problem so will have to deal with that and the battery box is toast so will be looking at picking up one of those soon as well. Also the up pipe for the exhaust is shot as well, so I will be looking at probably replacing most of the exhaust. .

Forgot to mention it has a heater and is already plumbed for air chucks to air up tires and such. Also has an auxiliary power convertor hooked up. The bed is included and is only bolted on so will be easily removed.

The truck has issues I will need to deal with, but for the price I paid, I have lots of room to fix things. The biggest thing for me is the rust is very minimal. The battery box and a little bit on the floor behind drivers seat inside the truck. They have a carpet laid inside and that is the low spot where moisture pooled.

Attachments

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that I wouldn't trade mine for anything. It sure is fun bobtailing it around. Even more as a convertable. Let me know if you need any pics or dimensions.
Thanks I will. I think I prefer the soft top. Will probably source one and swap the hard top. Also thinking I might super single. I think it would really look cool singled out. If I can find the tires and rims cheaply.

Nice looking truck!
Thank you.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks