• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

Jinx

I just won this small item also. Does anyone have a pickup truck that can pick it up for me in St Petersburg?

BTW that's St Petersburg, Russia.

TIA.
I thought about bidding on that, but if you read the auction description it clearly says it has to be demil'ed before leaving the premises.

bugei

james,

is that a tank gun suppressor?

did you have to pay the $200 class 3 transfer fee or was is the $5 any other weapon since its permanently attached?

what is the "legal" minimum length of a tank gun barrel? is it 11"?

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guts and gals, its a nice day out, (at least here, overcast, but 50 degrees) the snow is melting, I just spent several nice hours in the barn with some of my collections trying to decide which to start first. Cleaned up some stuff and called it a day, everybody else must have stayed in having fun here. Its obvious this crew can REALLY get out of control when they want. None of us would pass a psyc eval I'm afraid. A good FUNNY read though. ****ed shame the "euros" couldn't respect that armor though.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The Russian guy I bought it from said I only had to pay 50% when I bought it and pay the remainder once on board ship. It only cost me $2 million USD. I wired him the money earlier today. His brother is in the shipping business and is hauling it over on boat for a steal of $5,000 USD. They said it would be on board ship tomorrow so I'll pay the balance and wait for it to hit port next week. They said they're handling the ATF paperwork for me. Wow can't wait for it to arrive. Only thing I was wondering was why they were having me wire the money to the Bank of Niger? They said it had something to do with the EUC and taxes.

Can't wait.

LanceRobson

As a daily driver, there absolutely wonderful. Used to drive mine from the railhead to the local shooting range all the time.

Unfortunately, I had to trade for a much smaller and economic M60A3 Prius Synergy Drive hybrid something-one-or-the-other. The price of unleaded de-sulfurized politically correct diesel, used model paint, bad whiskey, sludgy turpentine, hamburger grease collected from the gas grill or any disgustingly smoky burning viscous liquid became to much for my pocket book.

BTW for your recovery make sure you have:

• A large box of reticles
  • A can of squelch juice
  • A box of grid squares
  • Air pressure gauge for your roadwheels
  • Bore evacuater grease
  • Left handed monkey wrench
  • A right handed sledge hammer
  • Tanker's Bar
  • green 100MPH tape
  • RTV
  • Lacing wire
  • 50 (not 49 or 51) feet of firing line
  • a ball peen hammer (to check for soft spots in the armor)
  • Indentured servant (can I say 'slave') cables
  • A partridge in a pear tree
Oh, remember to unlock the travel lock before you try to neutral steer...or, is that for spinning the turret...no, wait...does anyone have the TM so I can download it????

Is the ignition key a Ford or Chevy blank???

Do they still put MRE peanut butter in the ballistic skirts??
Don't forget a full spool each of gun-target line and orienting line.

The last one of those tanks I bought had a little extra artwork on it. Some GI took a Sharpie to the muzzle crown and wrote "Hey Hadji, if you can read this, you're f%^ked!!"

Tanks for the memories guys.

Lance

jamesfrom180

Questions about the apparatus on the barrel I posted can be found in another thread. My "surchis" did not find anything I remember but apparently this photo comes and goes on the suppressor forums now and then. Seems its some sort of German military device for reducing noise levels.
So is Carnac done stirring this pot? Can we expect some more of these threads or has everyone got it out of their system. rofl

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EPA is thinking about requiring muzzle blast to be used only in conjunction with appropriate collecting devices. Will muzzle blast strip CARC off?:driver:
That supressor looks like something I saw in an Austin Powers movie...Oh, behave, Baby...Yeah!

Is CARC that thing I put my items into before 'Check Out"??

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Beware of that Rusky. I got a HEMTT from him last year but please do not tell anyone. I took it to Raush Creek last fall, tried to follow Matt (Powerhouseduece) through the boog and it sank. The 818 could not save it. I am glad no one was video taping it. Today I got a call from the EPA. Someone reported a spill last fall and they were slow this week and just got around to leaving the office. They are mad. Real mad. They plan to fine me ($500) for an oil spill. They are also going to fine me ($2000) for the cab plugs that were Non-Dot approved butt plugs. Yes butt plugs. CARNAC, please check your butt plug and ensure its is a DOT approved butt plug. Use mineral oil liberally to insert it and check tightness. That russian got me real good.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Was told the tires are flat on my M1 tank and GL won't inflate them. Anyone got a compressor I can barrow and I need both the left and right handed tire inflator chuck.

Since I'm gonna need some fuel and don't want to pay for it enroute, I plan on strapping 55 gallon drums of fuel to the engine deck and turret sides. This shouldn't be a problem should it.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC.................Buddy.........What you really need is a nice clean
frontal Labotomy.....LOL. Cause" you ain't even right" popacom /BILL in KY>:cookoo:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was told the tires are flat on my M1 tank and GL won't inflate them. Anyone got a compressor I can barrow and I need both the left and right handed tire inflator chuck.

Since I'm gonna need some fuel and don't want to pay for it enroute, I plan on strapping 55 gallon drums of fuel to the engine deck and turret sides. This shouldn't be a problem should it.
I got one of thos toob thingys with a handel on top , the hoze thingys dont hav no end on it but if find some of tem chuch things i gots duck tape

onegmjack

Carnac I just have to pick it up,someone gave me 500 gallon of used vodka,will my M1 run on it or will I have to add corn grease.any help would be greatful

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Oh wouldn't want to waste good used vodka I'd rather buy fuel. Bring that used Vodka down here to GA and we'll have ourselves a real party. Hey then after we get plastered, let's go out in my new tank and when we're done we'll let loose a couple rounds from the new cannon and see if we can hit Ft Benning impact range from here.

Darwin T

Hey Carnac i have one of those 12 volt portable rechargable air compressors in my pick'em up truck. got it a harbor freight, but i thick it is just a right handed chuck. if someone on here has a left handed one you can borrow mine. you may also need a plug kit.

jamesfrom180

Darwin T does your compressor put out hot weather air or cold weather air. I've been told that at least in the HMMWV when temperatures are hot the air should be switched out.;-) Also CARNAC how does the M1 stack up to a H2 or H3 I'm curious cause I think I can modify it and run it in king of the hammers do pretty good.rofl

I know I'm still paying my dues. You "older" SS are grumpy but I can appreciate how stupid questions will drive you all off your rockers. My generation and the following generation have no idea how to listen. This is my opinion only but it is backed up with alot of observation and aua.