• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mineral oil is the only brake fluid it you should use. Brakes are important on a tank. Also, a deuce airpak can be used if your goes up. I just did a SEARCH and read it in the Enquirer so it has to be the gospel... Looking forward to see you coming up I-95 towing your trailer. You should not be bothered by the hills or even snow. Also, I called Daniel and he is ready should you drop a track on this trip. He has spare sections of track and pads coming from E-Bay, thru China. Oh yea, he has a gallon of mineral too...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I went over to start it and found the batteries were dead. Although I got four new batteries here, I figured I'd just try to slave start it. I don't really have slave cables so I twisted together some coat hangers and wrapped them electrical tape---well actually I ran out of electrical tape and switched to duct tape. It's raining now so I had to come inside. Oops I left the wire out there. Oh well. Figured I'd post an update while I was inside.

I'll be running out and trying my new slave wire. It's sitting in the mud right now but I'll grab it and try to fire this baby off. WOOOHOOO can't wait to burn some track rubber. Just call me crazy cooter.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I went over to start it and found the batteries were dead. Although I got four new batteries here, I figured I'd just try to slave start it. I don't really have slave cables so I twisted together some coat hangers and wrapped them electrical tape---well actually I ran out of electrical tape and switched to duct tape. It's raining now so I had to come inside. Oops I left the wire out there. Oh well. Figured I'd post an update while I was inside.

I'll be running out and trying my new slave wire. It's sitting in the mud right now but I'll grab it and try to fire this baby off. WOOOHOOO can't wait to burn some track rubber. Just call me crazy cooter.
Try to tow it and pop the clutch. I know that is how they start the T-72s. Just did a SEARCH and it was in the "STAR" so it must be true.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Mineral oil is the only brake fluid it you should use. Brakes are important on a tank. Also, a deuce airpak can be used if your goes up. I just did a SEARCH and read it in the Enquirer so it has to be the gospel... Looking forward to see you coming up I-95 towing your trailer. You should not be bothered by the hills or even snow. Also, I called Daniel and he is ready should you drop a track on this trip. He has spare sections of track and pads coming from E-Bay, thru China. Oh yea, he has a gallon of mineral too...

Oh thanks ATD. I have extra wheels and track but hate to carry them cause they increase my wind resistance and weight and hence cuts me from 5 gallons per mile to 5.00001 gallons per mile. So I don't plan on carrying any. After all, its plentify and I can get just about anyone on SS to bring me those in case I throw track or separate the rubber on a road wheel. No biggie. I got my 3/8 inch socket wrench set so I'm set.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well I need a little help.. Can one of you guys that I don't know loan me the money to pay for my M1 i won at GL? I bid and forgot that I did not have any money. You guys are great

flyBURopTIK

WhoooooooooooooooooooooooooDOGGIE !

That thurr tank thing? Yea, sho-nuff that will set ma weeinur RIGHT off! I wanna go ride'n arround with you in that thurr sum-bee-i-itch!

Speeeeeed UP GRAID's ? I TELL YOU WHUT ! Im on the way to the turBINE factory up the block, If theyve got any leftovers after I chain on up to ma dooce -Im TOTALLY HuK'n you up bruh! n' anti-minivan defensive measures too! We can hookon brushguards n' oil slicks n' some roman spiked spinney things that shoot out of the hydraulic motors on the back Mmmmmm... YeaHuH!

O Yea... Gotta keep it HooD too! We'll weld you on some fuzzy grouser bars on them tracks! Youll be all sortsa gangsta!

[Making mental note] Dont feed the Georgianeese energy drinks in the early AM...

Ooooooooh the defecation I have to look forward to when I hit the golden years of retireMINT! =)

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a daily driver, there absolutely wonderful. Used to drive mine from the railhead to the local shooting range all the time.

Unfortunately, I had to trade for a much smaller and economic M60A3 Prius Synergy Drive hybrid something-one-or-the-other. The price of unleaded de-sulfurized politically correct diesel, used model paint, bad whiskey, sludgy turpentine, hamburger grease collected from the gas grill or any disgustingly smoky burning viscous liquid became to much for my pocket book.

BTW for your recovery make sure you have:

• A large box of reticles
  • A can of squelch juice
  • A box of grid squares
  • Air pressure gauge for your roadwheels
  • Bore evacuater grease
  • Left handed monkey wrench
  • A right handed sledge hammer
  • Tanker's Bar
  • green 100MPH tape
  • RTV
  • Lacing wire
  • 50 (not 49 or 51) feet of firing line
  • a ball peen hammer (to check for soft spots in the armor)
  • Indentured servant (can I say 'slave') cables
  • A partridge in a pear tree
Oh, remember to unlock the travel lock before you try to neutral steer...or, is that for spinning the turret...no, wait...does anyone have the TM so I can download it????

Is the ignition key a Ford or Chevy blank???

Do they still put MRE peanut butter in the ballistic skirts??

gunboy1656

As a daily driver, there absolutely wonderful. Used to drive mine from the railhead to the local shooting range all the time.

Unfortunately, I had to trade for a much smaller and economic M60A3 Prius Synergy Drive hybrid something-one-or-the-other. The price of unleaded de-sulfurized politically correct diesel, used model paint, bad whiskey, sludgy turpentine, hamburger grease collected from the gas grill or any disgustingly smoky burning viscous liquid became to much for my pocket book.

BTW for your recovery make sure you have:

• A large box of reticles
  • A can of squelch juice
  • A box of grid squares
  • Air pressure gauge for your roadwheels
  • Bore evacuater grease
  • Left handed monkey wrench
  • A right handed sledge hammer
  • Tanker's Bar
  • green 100MPH tape
  • RTV
  • Lacing wire
  • 50 (not 49 or 51) feet of firing line
  • a ball peen hammer (to check for soft spots in the armor)
  • Indentured servant (can I say 'slave') cables
  • A partridge in a pear tree
Oh, remember to unlock the travel lock before you try to neutral steer...or, is that for spinning the turret...no, wait...does anyone have the TM so I can download it????

Is the ignition key a Ford or Chevy blank???

Do they still put MRE peanut butter in the ballistic skirts??
You failed the test, you can not drive home UNTIL you remember to bring along the turn signal fluid...come back in a couple weeks and retake your test. :D

jeep-Jeep

if it dont stop or run rite can i just take it to the scrap yard .
i now it is rare but i jus dint get prepared fre the pickup since gl did not have my paperwerk yat .
can a ss buddy help me owt fer lounch latrenopics

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need a smog check for an M1? And if I do, will it fail if I turn on the smoke generator???

Man, I keep forgetting all the important stuff...don't forget to grease that tow pintle...you mean trailer hitch...no, the tow pintle...yeah, the trailer hitch...no, the tow pintle. Sorry, just having a flashback. Now back to our regularly scheduled spoof thread....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks