• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

dittle

How do you turn up the fuel pump on the thing? I'm sure that it has a FDC of some sort, can it be bypassed. Where do I install the pyro and boost gauge at and what models should I use?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh wouldn't want to waste good used vodka I'd rather buy fuel. Bring that used Vodka down here to GA and we'll have ourselves a real party. Hey then after we get plastered, let's go out in my new tank and when we're done we'll let loose a couple rounds from the new cannon and see if we can hit Ft Benning impact range from here.
Mr. CARNAC,
I respectfully submit to you, sir, that I believe you MISSED the meaning of "USED VODKA". Please bear with me as I briefly explaing the process....

NEW VODKA ---> Digestively processed by humanoid bio-unit = Used Vodka: aka: URINE

That being stated, ARE YOU SURE that you want to PARTY on that stuff :?:

Inquiring minds want to know.....

3dAngus

It's become very controversial. When it started out as a laughable mockery of newbies and their questions, it has become a solid reason why, of the 25,335 members of this writing, few post and many lurk in the background. Membership was up to 27,000 at one time, as indicated by a previous poster.

It can scare the newbies off, and be counterproductive in the end. I would be afraid to post a question as a newbie after reading this, if I had not become a little hardened with age.

The best ideas, in spite of tired old questions, is to embrace the newbies and teach them without mockery. That is how you increase membership, and help avoid the "school bus" incidents so many are afraid will ruin the hobby for all.

I know when the thread was started it was humorous and innocently enough not meant to hurt, destroy, or intimidate, but that is the direction the thread seems to have taken.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's become very controversial. When it started out as a laughable mockery of newbies and their questions, it has become a solid reason why, of the 25,335 members of this writing, few post and many lurk in the background. Membership was up to 27,000 at one time, as indicated by a previous poster..
Current stats show 27,472 members so this thread hasn't run off 2000 in 2 days .

jamesfrom180

I hope I have not been intimidating or hurtful. I welcome some of the "stupid" questions as they make me think. If you are a newb and reading this please keep in mind alot of us will help you and want to help. [thumbzup] Keep your questions coming.

3dAngus

Current stats show 27,472 members so this thread hasn't run off 2000 in 2 days .
I didn't say it did, didn't mean to imply it in any way, and if you took it that way, I'm sorry.

I think there must be two different sources for membership numbers.

I get my numbers from clicking on "Members list" and looking at the count on that page. It currently reads 25, 337. Your number pretty much so matches some of the other numbers we've seen on here.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Mr. CARNAC,
I respectfully submit to you, sir, that I believe you MISSED the meaning of "USED VODKA". Please bear with me as I briefly explaing the process....

NEW VODKA ---> Digestively processed by humanoid bio-unit = Used Vodka: aka: URINE

That being stated, ARE YOU SURE that you want to PARTY on that stuff :?:

Inquiring minds want to know.....
I was tracking the whole time. Just wanted to show how smurt I was at being tuff.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was tracking the whole time. Just wanted to show how smurt I was at being tuff.
Carnac,
I'm sure that with the beginnings of this thread, a little party partaking may have already prepped you for the Used Vodka and you might not have noticed its "distinctive flavor" anywaze. :beer:... But I'm sure that the GAG-FACTOR on that stuff has got to run pretty high :cookoo:

---------
Now, as for the Newby-Bashing....

May I propose a program for mentoring these greenhorns with something similar to the BIG BROTHER program.... Maybe something like an "ADOPT A NEWBY" tutoring (or is that TOOTer'ing) system. 2cents

:driver:

Darwin T

Darwin T does your compressor put out hot weather air or cold weather air. I've been told that at least in the HMMWV when temperatures are hot the air should be switched out.
i live on the gulf coast so i bought the hot weather one. [thumbzup] i have not been able to use it because of the cold fronts that have been coming through the last 2 or 3 months. :cry: it is so humid down here i put a coffee filter between the valve and the chuck to catch the humidity. :shock: i am looking for a glad hand to put on the 12 volt portable air compresor so i can use it with my 3/4" impact if i have to change a flat. aua

3dAngus

i live on the gulf coast so i bought the hot weather one. [thumbzup] i have not been able to use it because of the cold fronts that have been coming through the last 2 or 3 months. :cry: it is so humid down here i put a coffee filter between the valve and the chuck to catch the humidity. :shock: i am looking for a glad hand to put on the 12 volt portable air compresor so i can use it with my 3/4" impact if i have to change a flat. aua
Glad hand on a compressor. You might have just solved my problem in moving a trailer. Thanks!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about you guys, but this thread has given some really healthy belly laughs these past couple of days. Helps me relive those new buck private days of searching aimlessly through the motorpool for all those nonexistent issue items before I knew I had been HAD. Let's keep the humor rollin'roflAny good newby will suck the ribbing and drive on. God knows we need the humor these days...Charlie-Mike...

Happyland1410

Just be prepared when you get that thing home, everyone is going to ask you the same question. "What are you going to do with that?" Most people just don't understand :cookoo: