• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake drums wobbling

marks86

My truck is still shaking, I narrowed it down to the rear end.... WIth the rear end of the truck on jackstands with the tires OFF the truck the drums are wobbling back and forth has anyone ever hurd of this issue?

marks86

They only way I know they wobble is the truck up on jackstands I put the truck in gear and the drums wobble as it increases in rpm

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Not sure where to go with this. You can check the axles for trueness by taking them out and rolling them on the floor of the garage (hard flat surface)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While up on the stands, run the wheel mounting surface against a dial indicator. If the wms is nearly true than a bent drum is likely. It could have been dropped on a drum and bent it that way.

marks86

I took the drum off for closer inspection and I found the drum/hub assemblie only has one bearing with one race... I find this weird because I went to off road design to order a rebuild kit and that comes with two bearings per side now I'm confused

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a picture.

Perhaps your axles are not the originals.

marks86

I just put it all back together for now, but I swear there was only one bearing I took the lock ring then the key way out along with the locknut....behind that was a bearing... So I slipped the whole drum off at that point and found nothing else inside....can someone please clarify that there should be two nuts before the hub should come off along with two bearings

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just look at the parts tm.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you are missing something , should have a inner and outer bearing . Who knows maybe when it was going to auction , maybe they left a few parts out . Can not believe you have been driving it . Like the troops say , Look at the TM's , they have pictures , you can see what we are saying . Interesting , unless somebody slipped in a different axle , PICTURES would help a LOT .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks