• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake drums wobbling

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Junk yard will be your best bet.

And most likely you can get the whole axle cheaper than just asking for the hubs.

2cents

marks86

Junk yard will be your best bet.

And most likely you can get the whole axle cheaper than just asking for the hubs.

2cents
:( prob is there is a foot of snow on the ground and counting so a junk yard is out of the question right now

im going to pop the studs back and and see if I can clean them up alittle or something

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
use these search terms and go to a popular auction site, 3rd item from the top.

gm 14 bolt hubs, New York

marks86

I am going to the local pick and pull this weekend before I going buy ones online

I think it would just be cheaper than to bring them to a machine shop

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Could you not chuck the hubs in a lathe, and do a clean up cut on them to "true" them?
I am going to the local pick and pull this weekend before I going buy ones online

Even if you machine the hub face, the stud holes will still be at the "bent angle" and not balanced anymore.

And with a junkyard, you are not going to have the same return options as the link I pm'd you.

Good luck.

Last edited:

marks86

I want to go to the local junkyard for a few reasons one it would be half the price two I'll have two hub on saterday morning if I order online it will take at least a week and a half and three this place does have a thirty day return policy...just wish me luck that I actually find a set there

marks86

ok so here's an update.

I am older and a lot smarter now. My truck has a 12v Cummins with a nv4500 5speed. I've have about 8k miles on the swap truck runs great. Problem is THE TRUCK STILL SHAKES. I cant figure it out. I put a custom built double CV drive shaft. So with the truck on jack stands the driveshaft is true as an arrow but the god **** hubs wobble like crazy. This morning I took one of the hubs off and brought it in the garage, both races are in straight and the bearings are in great shape. I'm almost at the point of buying a complete new rear end.:evil::evil:

richingalveston

My 1008 axles from gl had all four hubs bad. I think they dropped it from pretty high with a fork lift. I replaced the fronts and did the disc conversion on the back.

I spent a lot of time trying to find the problem in tires and wheels and the whole time it was hubs.

marks86

Just wanted to give a final update on this problem I've been chasing for a few years now. Turns out it was the 37 military oz tires. Two different sets of tires and rims still the same vibration. Put a set of h2 rims with nitto tires truck drives amazing now . Thank you everyone here for all the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks