• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing an M35A2 out of the trees and back on the road

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the day didn't go the way I'd hoped, we didn't have enough time to drive it out.

I got out there just long enough to cut away some trees. There were two that had to go. I'll be backing the truck out, one tree had grown up right behind the rear wheels and I was afraid it would puncture tires if I tried to drive over it. The other had grown up behind the fuel tank and would have ripped it off.

Here's the view from behind the truck before I started cutting. I still have to move the trailer with the tank and cut off one more stump. Hoping to drive it out in the morning.

View attachment 344757
I don't know about all the other systems on that relic, but the CAMO still works just fine! - - - I can barely make out the TRUCK in and amongst all the vegetation.

:grd:

targhee trucks

Great Job! Very interesting work around for someone who figured out the 12v system.

I've resurrected many lost and forgotten things as of late. It is a wonderful feeling and the machines appreciate it, I can tell. They have been sitting so long they forgot how wonderful it is to 'live' again. Once they remember how good it is, they want to do it more and more.

I'm surprised no one else noticed the danger sticker on the tach was at 2900 rpm... someone not put the sticker on right, or the tach came from a LDS truck, or that is an LDS motor in that deuce. Hmmmm...
I've found out that the 12V conversion was done by a shop in eastern Idaho. I think they may still be in business. I'm going to find out more about them and about the conversion.

Bringing this truck back to life is one of the highlights of a life-long interest in working on old internal combustion stuff! Hearing that engine fire up the other day put a smile on my face for sure.

There's a 3x5 plate on the right side of the engine with some info on the engine on it. It's covered w/grease so I haven't been able to read most of it, but it says "multifuel" at the top. I'll clean it up and post a picture of it.

Jack

DeucesWild11

Ah now I can see the video not sure why it wasn't coming up for me..

Wow the truck was really buried! Motor sounds good!

Can't wait to see you drive it out!!

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amazing...what an incredible sense of accomplishment and pride you are feeling! Congratulations! And thanks for sharing this amazing story with us.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kaiser first movement in decades.

TSSST, that's the sound of the beer opening:D Glug....it's gone.

My jaw is a little sore from smilin'........Cheers, Thank you for setting up the vid and congratulations.

It's a boy!

DeucesWild11

That was AWESOME!! ahh the dreaded 12 point turn.. Thought you were going to take out the barn for a second there.

Congrats!! The truck looks pretty good for sitting that long..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks