• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building full hydro steering

bobbed_1971

Well im building full hydro steering on the deuce.Baught the pump and resivor from mudguppy ordered the ram orbital valve and everything ill need to do the build.Baught all the parts from PSC MOTORSPORTS im going to take out the stock column and steering wheel and use a 19inch column and 15inch wheel instead.All quick disconect and im going to mount the orbital valve underneath the dash.I will post pics when I start the build.Should have all the parts next week so ill start next weekend on the build.Then once the steering is done im gonna do lock out hubs and lockers.

Last edited:
Don't mount the orbital under the dash. If a pressure hose gets a pin hole in it, the oil could cut right through your clothing and flesh. Very bad and possibly life threatening. Plus even a small leak will make quite a mess in the cab.

ccequipment

I am doing about the same thing now, I would do what menofiron said mount, the valve outside the cab, if you ever develop a small leak its going to be in your floor board, also you will have a little heat coming off that, not good in the summer time. Just my thoughts

Attachments

bobbed_1971

Already did didnt see anything about Florida laws. AND sewerzuk put his orbital valve half inside and half outside the cab of the truck AND mudguppy has full hydro and not had any problems. If you use high dollar stuff you shouldn't have a problem which is why I'm using all PSC stuff. I bought the pump and the mounting bracket for it plus the reservoir from mudguppy. Bracket bolts right to the front of the fuel injection pump but it wouldn't be hard to make one. :D Can't wait to have my hydro steering done!!

A

A/C Cages

ApopkaFL
Make up your mind man, you are getting me dizzy here, You name here is Apopka, your location says Ocoee, and you just stated you are from Orlando.
Im in Orange City and I know these cities are somewhat close but not the same location. lol
My wife just asked me if you are blonde like her?:jumpin:

ApopkaFL

Banned
ApopkaFL
Make up your mind man, you are getting me dizzy here, You name here is Apopka, your location says Ocoee, and you just stated you are from Orlando.
Im in Orange City and I know these cities are somewhat close but not the same location. lol
My wife just asked me if you are blonde like her?:jumpin:

I may need to update my profile.... I am in Winter Garden FL If Most people know Orlando thats why I say orlando.....

Rodman

A

A/C Cages

Oh man, Winter Garden? Now you really got me lost. lol
My shops in Orange City, House in Deltona, mind is still in Costa Rica on the beach.

I still need to get power steering hooked up on Deuce #1 and I just havent found a unit to slap on there. Seems like the only units I find are either made of gold or people are trying to rape you for them.

rnd-motorsports

I put full hydro steering on my toy truck now the wife will drive it best conversion you can do to a 4x4 without it it take two men and a boy to turn 44 boggers with a spool in the front even with power steering now you can pinky steer it even setting still and no wander at all even at 65 mph

jesusgatos

Why not just mount the orbital valve on the engine-compartment-side of the firewall? If you feel like you really need to mount it in the cab, please at least build some kind of shield for it in case you have a high-pressure hose rupture. Lots of examples on pirate4x4 if you want to see what other people have done.

Clint-
What's up with the links and bags on that truck? Looks neat.

ccequipment

Why not just mount the orbital valve on the engine-compartment-side of the firewall? If you feel like you really need to mount it in the cab, please at least build some kind of shield for it in case you have a high-pressure hose rupture. Lots of examples on pirate4x4 if you want to see what other people have done.

Clint-
What's up with the links and bags on that truck? Looks neat.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/65764-full-air-ride-crew-cab.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks