• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Call me crazy, I want it louder

Josh

wondering if anyone out there has made their deuce louder, and if so what did ya do. im new to diesel engines, and always figured a bigger pipe = louder, but im curiose to see what, if any, others have done.

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
Its already a straight pipe. well you can cut it off straight under the fender. but dont get to short or you can run into back pressure issues.

I think bigger pipe just makes it a deeper sound?

Josh

You could clothes pin a baseball card in the spokes.

that is probably the funniest thing ive read today.

i dont really know why i like loud things, but i cut the muffler off a 67 camaro with a 383 stroker, made it not run as well, but it sounded much cooler.

personal preferance, i was thinking about uping it to a 6in pipe right after it comes outa the fender but i was curious to see if anyone has done this to see if it really makes much of a difference

Edit - How much does a whistler turbo normally run?

Last edited:

frodobaggins

that is probably the funniest thing ive read today.

i dont really know why i like loud things, but i cut the muffler off a 67 camaro with a 383 stroker, made it not run as well, but it sounded much cooler.

personal preferance, i was thinking about uping it to a 6in pipe right after it comes outa the fender but i was curious to see if anyone has done this to see if it really makes much of a difference

Edit - How much does a whistler turbo normally run?
It MIGHT make it deeper, but not louder.

Josh

let me rephrase that, a turbo in general, a quick search on the classified ads turned up 1 turbo that he doesnt know what kind, and ebay was even less helpful =/

hrm deeper is better, i was thinking of replacing the stock horn with a K3LA mostly because the horn on it now just seems to be to high of a pitch.

YouTube - K3LA At Barnum

dont really know how to do the whole imbed the video into the commment thing, looked but came up short handed

Last edited:

Josh

well that brings up to the next step, whos got a C turbo for sale, and who wants to buy a D turbo.

i need to remember to refresh before i post. =/

GoHot229

CRAZY... Yoy can get a 12volt alternator ans battery and hook it up, then get a stereo for the cab or wherever, probably an under-dash unit and some Rockford Fosgate 'EARTHQUAKE' speakers and put them in the bed. Now just get a racording of the Space Shuttle take-off and play it on a LOOP. While your at it, you might add propane to the exhaust and shoot some flames......CRAZY<CRAZY< you said it.......... Na, some of us want the booming attention getting noise, some prefer a muffeled Deuce. Mine is muffeled, but still whistles plenty, enough that it draws attention when I drive by. ....................
CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

GoHot229

Something else to remember.... The Turbo, as my thinking goes, (from reading) was primarily used to reduce exhaust noise, not so much for power, but to calm down the exhaust note. So... theory would have it that the whole idea is an oxymoron.......not you, the idea..... of louder exhaust. Seems a non-turbo would make more noise. still think the propane thing would be cool, ahemm.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks