• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta/Tower Park April

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure about sleeping in the lot but you never know. I'm still hoping to get a hit on someone who backs out of a reservation.

mutt_kahuna

Camp Delta

As long as the atv isnt one of those really loud 2 strokers should be good to go!...people run around in everything from golf carts to mules and those JD gators...I dont think anyone will complain about sleeping in the deuce...I slept in the back of my blazer there one year....also bring your shopping list as regular MV parts guys like Antelope valley,owens export and everyday joe MV will be there selling.....ED

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since dirtbag got moved three times to the one date I can't make in the entire spring - it looks like I'm game for Tower Park. Who is headed up from SOCAL? And when?

JDToumanian

Jim (The Recorder) and I are going to head up early morning, Tuesday April 19 and return noon-ish on Saturday the 23rd. The more the merrier!

Jon

JDToumanian

My only concern is I don't have any spaces.
Yeah, but I wouldn't let that stop you.... There will be a last minute cancellation, even on the day you arrive you can probably go into the office and find a space. Jim and I have adjoining spaces. We're not really sure how big they are, but the last time we squeezed both of our deuces into one site. With two sites we may have plenty of extra room, if so I'm all for splitting them 3-ways to save cash.

Worst case scenario, you camp in the parking lot.... It wouldn't be bad, there's nice shady areas there too I slept in my Honda in the parking lot the first year I went.

Jon

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pics. The main problem I have is my wife took vacation days for the dirtbag that never was. Since she traded she has to use them and she wants to do something during that time. I have a majority of my vacation saved so I can stop working 6 May and get paid until 31 July and I don't have enough extra to do something with her and do TP. Crazy how just one date screwed up so much. Oh well, what's done is done.

If I get it figured out I'll LYK and get the convoy details. I have my "world's heaviest tent" M105 that we built for dirtbag, but I don't think I would tow it to TP with fuel pushing 4 backs.

Major Asstyrd

Guys, updates are on the first post, check it out. Also some new news about additional legal levee parking on the MVCC website that's linked in the post. We'll keep the www.mvccnews.net info the most current.

As said before, those wanting a camp spot get on Jo-Ann's radar screen. KOA lets her be large-and-in-charge. Things free up, even during event week. There is always room on Saturday night after some go home early. A small amount of space is available at a "secret" county campground across Hwy 12! Ask Jo-Ann.

Cucvnut

ok So I read the stuff but it does not say how to pay for like pot luck stuff and food. its pretty vague and can I join the mvoc at the event ?

Major Asstyrd

ok So I read the stuff but it does not say how to pay for like pot luck stuff and food. its pretty vague and can I join the mvoc at the event ?
Yes, if you are at least 97 degrees body temp and you like military vehicles you should join the MVCC. If nothing else you get a monthly newsletter that will tell you what's going on in Northern and Central CA. See me at space 386 and I will point you to our Quartermaster or President.

Pot luck thing on Monday is for early arrivers - bring food dish to share. No, not just the dish - food for the communal table. Bring your plate and utensils, beverage too. You will see some meals on the schedule Thurs-Sat. Stop by KOA camping office and there should be a sign up sheet which will let the caterer plan food. Pay at the event. If you don't sign up, still come with money-in-fist and you will be taken care of!

Major Asstyrd

Update - BAE Systems will be displaying one of the vehicles they currently build for the Army. We are not divulging the type, but let's just say it is full-tracked. If you are at the Dodge display late Friday afternoon you won't miss it driving in. Will be on display near the Pavilion in Campground 4.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks