• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Dirtbag IV in So Cal

hole

The spring Dirtbag trip never got wings, the Tehachapi trip is all set and starts on the 17th. Will Wagner and myself will be leaving early am on the 18th. Try shooting Will a pm for more info !

hole

While on this subject ,I think we might want to start figuring out some dates for the fall trip before it passes us by too :roll:. October'ish ?

armytruck63

Some of the LA guys get together with the San Diego guys in Anza Borrego in October. This trip has been going on for many years. We do a little parade in Borrego Springs and then spend the rest of the weekend off roading. You have to be street legal in the park, but there are many cool areas to explore.

I mean "cool" as in neat areas to explore. It can still be pretty warm in the low desert in October.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too much on my plate to squeeze it in this half of the year. The Tehachapi event is a go, MVPA and SCMVCC sponsored. Noty a bunch of driving except to get there, but will be a blast. Good food, nice people, some good side trips. There will definatly be a Dirtbag fall event. Just gotta sit down and get a date that my better half has off. I posted the Tehachapi thing in the calender.
I was gonna try to make the Anza event with the Taits and the others, but it was a weekend when my wife worked. Jake has no issues with going but the girls..they'd rather have teeth pulled than hang in the deuce.

Last edited:

armytruck63

I hear that Anza Borrego in on the list of parks Arnold wants to close to save money. If that really does happen, we'll have to come up with Plan B.

DavidWymore

I hear that Anza Borrego in on the list of parks Arnold wants to close to save money. If that really does happen, we'll have to come up with Plan B.
I got plan B for ya. I live out here. There's lots of other places to go, where you don't have to be street legal. I'd love to "host" a run. Dying to go wheeling in a deuce...I know it's a drive for a lot of you but there's lots of places to play. There's also mountains closer to you guys. Idyllwild area. Toro Peak in the Santa Rosas is beautiful, but more of a fire road than real offroading. I think we're gonna go up there tomorrow.

TsgtB

Me and the wife did Anza Borrego in a jeep JK back in 08, that was the best wheeling trip ever EVER.
Has anyone ever run a deuce through there...? I don't think they would fit in the wet part....

To do that again, on 395s in an M35, with a bunch of other MVs, to camp for a couple days... would be GREAT.

DavidWymore

Have you been to the crashed H53A on Toro Peak?
Yup.
Me and the wife did Anza Borrego in a jeep JK back in 08, that was the best wheeling trip ever EVER.
Has anyone ever run a deuce through there...? I don't think they would fit in the wet part....

To do that again, on 395s in an M35, with a bunch of other MVs, to camp for a couple days... would be GREAT.
Most of AB is deuceable. Then there's Superstition, Truckhaven and Ocotillo wells...

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
June 17-21 is a good date. Tehachapi is a great place to camp. Keep me in the loop as I would surely like to attend if allowed to.

Well, I did some checkin finally. The only weekend that is good on this end 'till after the middle of June is the 25/26th of April. Seems there is something goin on every week. I already know Hole can't make those dates. See how that flies. If that won't work for too many, there IS something else! There was some mention of maybe trying another spot, well, the Tehachapi event is happening June 17 thru the 21st. Last year was fun..woulda been better if there was a bigger turn out. Chuck only advertized thru the club and word of mouth. This year, it will be different. The SCMVCC AND the MVPA are backing it. He has had over 100 calls as of last Sunday. Food, airsoft games, his own gun range on his property...can't wait for the .50 again! There is a tour of a machine shop that rebuilds Merlin, Allison and other vintage aircraft engines with a high probability of one running in the test cell, swap meet. Should be lotsa fun. The only down side is that there won't be so much off roading, just the hops to the machine shop and the Tehachapi loop. What say ye?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks