• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone identify this body?

Bigmanbrock07

Bought a duece today, but I haven't been able to get much info on it just yet. I know it has dual pto's, and although the winch was removed I may be getting it back. The rear pto drives a generator I believe via a 6 belt pulley. Was told it was originally a rolling machine shop type deal.:confused:

Can't seem to upload pictures directly from my phone so they'll have to wait a few hours for me to get home. It looks like the sides fold up in a clamshell fashion. Hard top all around, with fold down steps and a back door on the body.

Cab is pretty ruff, but maybe I can find a scrap yard close by to piece some stuff like doors and windshield frames. Can is insulated and I think there's a heater hiding in there somewhere. :)

Know its hard without pictures, but if someone has any idea what I'm talking about I'd be so thankful. Don't even know exactly what to call it when looking it up.

Thanks guys, Logan

Bigmanbrock07

That's it exactly. I think the only thing left in it is the generator and possibly the welder though. I just hope it has the cummins engine. Boy would that make me happy.
:shock:

gunboy1656

Unless someone changed out the motor don't be surprised if it has the multifuel, and is slow going down the road.

That was one of the reasons the military stopped using them on deuces and put the body on 5 tons. (like the one in the pic I posted)

Bigmanbrock07

It might be a 5 ton and I'm just to ignorant to know the difference. This is only my second MV. First was a stripped mighty mite body I saved from the scrap yard. :?

Bigmanbrock07

Sorry about that coldwarrior. I could see where that would cause issues huh...:lol:

Ok, so the next dumb question. What's the easiest way to tell if it's a duece or a 5 ton? I know it has a kaiser/jeep plate on it, but it was super hard to get much off it. Has 8xxx miles and I think under 500 hours on it. Body if just ruff because it was used to hang tires off the seawall here at the port.

3dAngus

Not sure you could lose money at $1500 with scrap being what it is. How could you lose, outside of some of your own manpower. I say "Go for it!" and good luck!

Rattlewagon

one of the simplest/quickest ways to tell the difference is a 2.5 ton has 6 lugs and a 5 ton has 10.

There are many other ways too but if you stick around here long enough, you will be able to tell when someone changes small things!

*on edit* darn! Jeff beat me to it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks