• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone identify this body?

rlwm211

Does it look like this...if it does, it should be a gasser and is a rolling machine shop. This truck has what is known as Shop set number two which includes a welder along with other machine shop equipment. The weight is right at the top end of what the deuce will handle and it is very heavy. This truck belongs to JATONKA and hopefully he will weigh in on this.

RL

Attachments

KsM715

If its pretty ratty make sure you get ontop of the back and check out the rubber hinges befor you open it up (raise the wings) like the picture above. If the rubber has rotted out the sides will fall off when you try to open it.

You cant go wrong with a 5T for $1500

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its pretty ratty make sure you get ontop of the back and check out the rubber hinges befor you open it up (raise the wings) like the picture above. If the rubber has rotted out the sides will fall off when you try to open it.

You cant go wrong with a 5T for $1500
Isn't the rubber just a protector for the piano style hinges?

Bigmanbrock07

Here's a couple pics from the phone now that I'm home for a second.

First and 4th picture are of the rear and side. Second is the pto with 6 belts powering the generator. Any info on that btw? Like how big it was and where I could get parts for it. Seems like it had a bearing go out, or maybe the pto did, not sure yet.

The next picture was just a random one of the front- rear axle. Then the hours and miles guage. This think just sat next to the seawall at idle for who knows how long. I know the Port has had it atleast a decade and paid 2k for it. It used to be written on the door from auction, but it's about gone now. The other 2 are showing the pto handles (3 levers?) and the rot on the door and body.

Was the lever to the far left the transfercase hi-low shifter? I know, I'm that ignorant and new to the game, but beleive me guys, I'll catch on quick. aua

Thanks again for all the help so far. It's been such a fast and valueable learning experience thus far. I can't wait to get it road worthy and come see some of you fellows. Unfortionatly, I don't see the body staying. I'd even think about trading it for a flat bed if someone had a reason to want something like this one.

Attachments

KsM715

Isn't the rubber just a protector for the piano style hinges?
You might be right. (I dont know for a fact) but I have heard of guys getting these and haveing the rubber rotted out and the side come loose. It could be that the rubber covers the hinge and if its rotted and leaks maybe the hinges get rusted out and loose.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ok, so the next dumb question. What's the easiest way to tell if it's a duece or a 5 ton?

Just look under it's tail.roflrofl

If you got that for 1500 bucks you stole it.....can't believe the owner didn't know the price of scrap.

Is all the machine shop equipment still in there? If so you could prob sell the body for more than you gave for the whole thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks