• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone identify this body?

KsM715

I believe the cabs are the same for deuce, multi powered 5tons and the 800 series 5tons. the doors/glass and tops will interchange. From the cowl forward the 800 series stuff is longer.

123mack

The cabs are the same. The closest place to you to look for parts would be Parramore surplus in Mt.Pleasant, west of Tallahassee. Their Phone is 850-856-5421. I have a solid cab tub off a M109 shop van if you need it

Last edited:

Bigmanbrock07

So it took way longer than I wanted, but she's finally home. :jumpin:

Now for new batteries, freeing up the shut off cable so I can shut it down without having to stall it in 5th, and then I HAVE to get the brakes all redone. All new lines and probably wheel cylinders too. Hey, atleast it's home where I can crank it and move it around. Even came with a full tank of diesel.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So it took way longer than I wanted, but she's finally home. :jumpin:

Now for new batteries, freeing up the shut off cable so I can shut it down without having to stall it in 5th, and then I HAVE to get the brakes all redone. All new lines and probably wheel cylinders too. Hey, atleast it's home where I can crank it and move it around. Even came with a full tank of diesel.
Congrats on the recovery! [thumbzup]

Now the real fun begins........ :jumpin:

Bigmanbrock07

Through two hot batteries in it just a few minutes ago, and after spinning it over about 3 times, she fired up and idled just a purring. I couldn't get the grin off my face. :grin: Rediculous how awesome I feel moving it around the yard, can't wait until I can install the winch and build the 4 door. Gotta get some darn leg room in that thing. rofl

dozer1

Wow, started up pretty easy! To me thats a good sign that it will respond well to just getting a little care. So with those mods you listed you must be planning on loosing the shop body huh? Forgive me if you said that early in the thread. It has been awhile

AMX

Through two hot batteries in it just a few minutes ago, and after spinning it over about 3 times, she fired up and idled just a purring. I couldn't get the grin off my face. :grin: Rediculous how awesome I feel moving it around the yard, can't wait until I can install the winch and build the 4 door. Gotta get some darn leg room in that thing. rofl

Yea, I think I could have brought myself to give $1500 for it! Congrats,looks like a good score.

Bigmanbrock07

Wow, started up pretty easy! To me thats a good sign that it will respond well to just getting a little care. So with those mods you listed you must be planning on loosing the shop body huh? Forgive me if you said that early in the thread. It has been awhile

Yeah, the body has to go. Unfortionately it's just too far gone I'm afraid. Maybe tomorrow I can get some shots of the rot. Heck, most of the cab, windshield, fenders, hood, steps and all have to go. Sitting on the edge of the bay for the last decade has not been kind to the body. Lucky for the the running gear seems to be in good shape. Engine looks sharp still, axles look decent. Need to see what the shafts look like still though. Shifters for the pto and transfer case are seized solid right now, as is the engine shut down. Don't have an air pressure guage, or quite a lot of other things yet, but it will come together.

It's home, can be moved, should be tagged and insured soon so Code Enforcement doesn't get upset. I'm sure my neighbors are going to love me. Atleast trimming trees and pulling up stumps will get easier. rofl

Hoping for atleast a 1000 pounds of metal off this thing. Could all be turned into money to roll back into it. Then off to Tallahassee to get some parts in a few months. Can't wait!!!!

Parker2

In Florida if it's a straight truck then no CDL is needed. Just a regular auto license. Would only need a CDL for a 5 ton if it had a fifth wheel on the back and no cargo bed.

Just be careful if you take it out of state. You might want to read up on IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) and IRP (International Registration Plan) permits when driving out of Florida.

Ruppster

I dont think that's right. I think in Florida he will need a cdl license. It's been a long time since I went thru all that, but I think he'll need a class B. Just so you know for a semi truck you need a class A and for large straight trucks you need a class B as long as your not pulling a trailer that weighs more than 10k lbs if so you still need a class A. Again though it has been years since I went thru this. Now I just renew it and have no idea if the laws have changed or not.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks