• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CBR Metalworks M920 hauler 'Mad Max'

Scott88M

Truck looks amazing. Just in case you're not familiar with speedometers after a tire swap in general, I've put bigger tires on all my 4x4s. The difference usually remains a constant percentage.... yours looks to be about 15% off so at 60 you'd be doing 69.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you put a dump set up on it the added spacing might work.......plus if you wanted to load a smaller vehicle in the bed you could angle it up and drive right up the ramps. Drop the bed, fasten it down and boogie (prob have to be a low profile vehicle).

If you put a dump set up on it the added spacing might work.......plus if you wanted to load a smaller vehicle in the bed you could angle it up and drive right up the ramps. Drop the bed, fasten it down and boogie (prob have to be a low profile vehicle).
That would either take a 4x4 vehicle, or some VERY long ramps! I would never make this a dumptruck, the bed is too small to be useful as a dumper, I would make a 5-ton a dumptruck before I put the effort into making this a dump. Plus, my plan is to eventually swap back to a 5th wheel if/when I ever buy a trailer.

Sarge was helping me on this rainy day swap out the taillights. The one on the right is the new one, the left is the ratty old civilian style light. The one on the right side was busted and falling apart which is why I am replacing them so soon. Swapped in 12v bulbs and they work great, and look much better than the square ones. I need to check and see if the original blackout lights are 12v or 24v, if they are 24v I will remove them and run the blackout light on the larger housings. (Will the blackout lights run on 12/24v? I know a lot of LED stuff is multi-voltage).

Oddly enough I got Sarge before I was ever 'into' military trucks, got him as a puppy but the people we got him from had named him Sarge, he looked like a sarge so we stuck with it.

IMG_20140110_161105_758.jpg

Removed the drop axle off the truck today, I decided the space would be more useful for a toolbox and/or generator. I am also seriously thinking about putting the expandable body off my 934a1 on the 920.

I am trying to get the truck ready to take to a local sled pull tomorrow, got the driver seat in and bolted down, put a junker passenger seat in it for now until I can get the mounting brackets made for the better passenger seat I have. Also installed some new headlights since the old ones were worthless. I am having an issue on the passenger light, having a low voltage issues (batteries are NOT the problem, two NEW 8D's) I think, it does cut on once the truck runs a little bit though. They are Trucklite LED's, not cheap by any means but hopefully worth the $$. The headlight buckets on the 920 were worthless (broken plastic adjusters), I installed headlight buckets off a parts truck I had, just had to drill a few holes.

Hopefully I will have a video uploaded soon of the 920 dragging a sled down the track!

IMG_20140314_181044_977.jpgIMG_20140314_181110_733.jpg

Did you figure out the starter voltage? Most starters are the same 12 or 24 its just the solenoid thats diffferent
How is that possible? I know a 12v motor will run on 24v, but I would think it would drastically reduce the life of the motor to do so. I am no electric motor guru though.

I would like to convert it to an all 12v system though.

Getting closer to having the M934 box ready to swap onto the M920. There will be an opening cut so that you can get from the cab to the box without getting out of the truck. I removed the A/C unit and box because it would not fit right on the M920, hopefully next week it will be on the 920.

IMG_20140220_090332_268.jpg

IMG_20140404_115849_627.jpg

the box will be nice, I REALLY liked the extra axle though, it was a very serious look!
I liked the 3rd axle too, but I figured it would draw (slightly) less attention from DMV officers without the 3rd axle, and it was also useless for me, the extra space there will be nice once I get a toolbox to mount there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks