• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cheap 10 ton

DanMartin

I don't think so westy...those wheels are too small. Either a 5 ton rear frame, or some kind of a custom dolly for towing shorter trailers behind the 10-ton (or both).

Someone needs to get this....the dual inches I believe is somewhat rare.

Capt.Marion

I saw that part of the ad and started weighing the benefits and disadvantages of having two "wenches" on the back... well, as long as you keep them separated and oblivious...

The PIG Smith

OK, as much as I would love to own one of these monsters, there a few issues to be concerned about with this rig:

If you lived far away (like I do) the cost shipping something that large home would be a astronomical

Even if you could afford to buy it and have it shipped home, how would one repair the Cumming V8-300? (not a GMC like the eBay auction reads)
If I understand correctly, those engines were kinda/sorta special to these rigs, so parts will not be easy to come by.

Now, if I could only win the lotto, so I could hire a truck to haul this toy back from sunny SOCAL.

M813A1

It is a monster !! I would take it if I had the bucks for it !! Also I see that the 5th wheel in installed on backwards on the tractor with the jaws facing to the cab !! It has a V-8 Cummins V-903 diesel engine it is rated at 300 hp at 3100 rpms . The truck I drove in the Army would make 43 mph at 3400 rpms going downhill bobtail !!

Last edited:

waayfast

I think I remember a few other apps for that powerplant---seems like a fella here local had a large (old) Bucyrus-Erie Excavator that originally had the 903 but got repowered after she puked.
Oh, so close yet so far away--------------

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as having it hauled, with the outer duals removed it is not overwidth, and is basically the same footprint as a deuce, so figure on $1.50 to $2.00/mile, the usual rates.

airmech3839

still everything is on the left coast when all those that want them are on the right coast.......I am sure those guys feel the same way.......wish I could!!! Not sure what I would do with it but I am sure I could come up with something!!

JWNathan

still everything is on the left coast when all those that want them are on the right coast
Yeah thats the truth! I've been on the lookut for a Duece for around 2k and cant find jack. You Southern boys get all the good stuff. Wish this 10 ton were closer, looks like a beast!
-Jesse