• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chronicle of a tan M1101 trailer purchase from GovLiquidation.com

xiongy

surplusyes

I am looking for M1101 bow kit and a couple of 6x16 tires, at Aberdeen's East Coast Rally and Flea Market Rally 9-11 May. Anyone have any leads, Thanks in advance

bweiss66

Hey Guys really enjoying this thread and all the good information.. I picked up my 2010 Silver Eagle M1101 on Monday,, Its brand new It's crazy they are selling these.. Anyway off I went to Craigslist for some Chevy rims with the lug cap covers. I have read all the threads I can find on these trailers and had found where it was posted to use 9/16" x 18 Dual thread lug nuts for the rims I bought to work with the lug cover.. The 2010 M1101 does not have that size stud.. I went to a used tire store he gave me 1- 9/16" x 18 to try and it is to small for the stud.. I then went to several auto parts stores and lowes and depot with the original nut and no success.. From what I saw at the different stores I'm thinking it is a metric 14 x 1.25 anybody have any info on this ?? I looked in the manual it called for part#90640 but no description on what size nut that part is..

3dAngus

Mine are 7/8"
Not sure of thread.
While at OKC I tagged up with Spartan and he removed my GM 8 lug and mounted a M101 steel wheel and tire and it lowered the trailer another 2-3 " from where the GM wheels lowered it. Made it even more level behind the Silverado pickup., but the wheelwell had an awful lot of empty space in it making it look weird.

bweiss66

Well you know what they say don't assume... So This morning went to the bolt store and found the 1 lug nut I had removed to check size was crossed threaded,, he cleaned it out for me and said it's 9/16" x 18 just like everyone said.. He gave me a bolt that size and I pulled another when I got home yep that's it.. I guess I picked the wrong nut..

86m1028

Well you know what they say don't assume... So This morning went to the bolt store and found the 1 lug nut I had removed to check size was crossed threaded,, he cleaned it out for me and said it's 9/16" x 18 just like everyone said.. He gave me a bolt that size and I pulled another when I got home yep that's it.. I guess I picked the wrong nut..
fyi they do make an aftermarket lug nut that is standard thread with an external thread (to use the gm center caps).

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know ton, but mine seemed a little small for the lunette ring on the trailer. It bound up during a turn and bent the riser plate before it popped free.

maxtor

I just brought home our M1101 trailer and started to fill out the online SF97 form, and stopped when it asked for the VIN
When filling out the SF97 what did you put for the Vin? Serial number?

Amer-team

I just went and looked at my 99 dated trailer, and on the right front frame rail there is a data plate with lots of info. One of the lines says Manufacturers Serial number. That would be a good one to go with. The other is a government number

clutzer

I just brought home our M1101 trailer and started to fill out the online SF97 form, and stopped when it asked for the VIN
When filling out the SF97 what did you put for the Vin? Serial number?
The VIN I used on my Nevada title was 5 digits: manuf. serial number.

maxtor

I also used the serial number and DMV said even though there was another utility trailer with the same VIN "serial nr. " that it was ok. It is now licensed and ready to haul.

NieseJ

Picked ours up today! 2009 M1101 I thanks a ton for all the information you all have posted here. Now I just need to pick up an H1! Lol

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks