• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cHucv Soup: The animal to be

ODw/envy

The old chucker is coming together. What follows is about 10 hours worth of work summed up in 7 photos. The majority of the work is not apparent. I am not going to explain myself just yet. I believe things will become clear as the build progresses.

I stopped a 1p to take the first four and at dark to take the other two.

120512 (1).JPG120512 (2).JPG120512 (3).JPG120512 (4).JPG120512 (5).JPG120512 (6).JPG120512 (7).JPG

Last edited:

Vhyle

Holy cow. I just spent the last hour and a half reading through this whole thread. This is a very impressive 1009 setup. Definitely giving me ideas!

Anything new? I would LOVE to see some more progress on this. I'm really curious about the gauge cluster.

ODw/envy

I did get a bit more done before I had to leave town. The wife wanted me home (new home in Florida before Christmas). I am currently in Deltona, but hope to be back in AZ before February. At that poin the build will continue. What follows is a montage of the current state of the CUTV and how I have been keeping busy sense I left AZ.

Preliminary, work on the panel it's self. I think I understand why they sell wiring harnesses for these not. I used a lot of solder and heat shrink. I just realized that I do not have a picture of the turbo actually installed. I will have to rectify that when I get back to town.

010713 (13).JPG010713 (14).JPG010713 (15).JPG010713 (17).JPG010713 (9).JPG010713 (10).JPG

ODw/envy

010713 (1).JPG010713 (2).JPG010713 (4).jpg010713 (6).jpg

I needed to make special arrangements to accommodate my eccentricities and the new gauges, so down comes the transmission pan again. I find it much more pleasant to drop a pan for a filter change without several gallons of fluid dumping on me as I brake the seal, so in addition to a port for my temp sensor I welded in a 1/2 NPT drain plug.

Good thing I have experience with bung holes!

ODw/envy

What have you been doing in FL OD?

Well....

DSCF0008.jpgDSCF0014.jpgStuck 03.jpgStuck 11.jpg

I believe I mentioned I had sold my motorcycle. What I did not know is something would show up at Ft. Benning that would peak my interest.

ODw/envy

Well I am back in Tucson, as of yesterday morning. It looks like I will be back at work on the Blazer in the am.

Sorry BR, without a load to offset the fuel cost, comming in, I could not justify bringing the deuce. I am sad, I really enjoy driving it. Don't tell anyone but I like it better than the A2. If it had a manual transmissoin with overdrive and a winch (PTO driven) it would be perfect. I suppose you will have to wait for a vacation in FL. OOHH, maybe we could have a Daytona "Deuce Week". I already have a slogan, "Come deuce on the beach", we'll make millions.

ODw/envy

I am having trouble previewing images with my tablet prior to attaching photos, this has prevented me from being able to apply updates with pictures. I will continue to work on it. The progress has been slow but Josh and I are putting the animal together and it is strarting to look like a truck again.

I will continue to fiddle with it and try to provide undates.

Last edited:

BigRix

Well I got to drive the beast and must say I was impressed. Excellent fab work on Ryan's part and it shows in the small details. The phrase "Above and Beyond" comes to mind.

If he is on schedule, he should be making his way across country as I type this. Good luck and have an awesome trip.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371674825.738281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371674849.839088.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371674869.225996.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371674894.004435.jpg

Shankem-Deep

I have no idea how I missed this thread until now!!! I have read through the whole thing and man what a build! I want more!! There has got to be more pics of the dash before completion, and the front and rear bumper builds! I have lots of questions if he has time to get back to this thread!

Last edited:

ODw/envy

I apologize for my absence to all of my intrepid readers. With the move and so many other projects I have not taken the time to update the thread as I might like. Perhaps taking up surf fishing has also had a hand in that. I will try and add some content as time allows. At 10k miles I have learned alot. And may be able to give some useful advice. I am open to question too. I periodically receive PMs and am glad to help.

Here are a few images to titillate your curiosities. By the way, as evidenced by the last image, there was a bit of wiring to do for the new gauge cluster. This is an ongoing process, as I have changed some gauges and sending units along the way. Additionally, I have recently been working on the interior lighting. Perhaps, I shall take a few pictures this evening after dark and share them. I had not realised how early in the build I left off. Posting from my tablet, being the only computer source at my disposal at the time, was just too difficult.

OD

1366842352501.jpg120512 (5).JPG120512 (4).JPG120512 (7).JPGIMG_20130311_182542.jpgIMG_20130311_182716.jpgIMG_20130311_182733.jpgIMG_20130418_170446.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks