• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus Ohio

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it depends on the weather. I would say that the surface area of Special Ed's heater element was 8x10 inches.

I slept on a cot inside my M101 at Georgia Wed night and it rained so bad inside I thought I was outside. Good thing my sleeping bag was water resistant.

Then we setup the second tent on Thur and I moved into it with the rest of the Ohio crew.

eagle4g63

I guess good thing I have a military sleeping bag with the bivi cover!!!! All I was worried about was being cold...........didn't think I needed to wear a wet suit!!

Maybe I should just go without a floor and just light a fire in the middle of the tent:shock: Leave the chimney flap open to let out the smoke.........like the Indians did with the Teepees:idea:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were to put a stove in it there is a metal plate that sandwiches the roof hole to keep it from melting or burning your tent.

That is a hint......

;-)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eagle, It's better to have a floor in a tent, because it keeps the moisture from the ground from adding to the moisture from the breathing creatures (people and companions). It also gives any rain a way of flowing under the 'conditioned' space (not a problem at the GA Rally this year - problem there was dust - fine, red dust), not in it. Any trick to lower the relative humidity will help the comfort level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks