• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus Ohio

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it depends on the weather. I would say that the surface area of Special Ed's heater element was 8x10 inches.

I slept on a cot inside my M101 at Georgia Wed night and it rained so bad inside I thought I was outside. Good thing my sleeping bag was water resistant.

Then we setup the second tent on Thur and I moved into it with the rest of the Ohio crew.

eagle4g63

I guess good thing I have a military sleeping bag with the bivi cover!!!! All I was worried about was being cold...........didn't think I needed to wear a wet suit!!

Maybe I should just go without a floor and just light a fire in the middle of the tent:shock: Leave the chimney flap open to let out the smoke.........like the Indians did with the Teepees:idea:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were to put a stove in it there is a metal plate that sandwiches the roof hole to keep it from melting or burning your tent.

That is a hint......

;-)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eagle, It's better to have a floor in a tent, because it keeps the moisture from the ground from adding to the moisture from the breathing creatures (people and companions). It also gives any rain a way of flowing under the 'conditioned' space (not a problem at the GA Rally this year - problem there was dust - fine, red dust), not in it. Any trick to lower the relative humidity will help the comfort level.