• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus wrench rally

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like the recovery of DH's M819 is turning into quite the event. Attendees are popping up from all over! Looks like we have:

Gimp
DH
Kipman
Oldgrunt
Oilcan
Spddmon
and possibly Stretch!

We'll have this thing up and running in short order, then again, too many indians, not enough chiefs could be a problem too! :-D

gimpyrobb

Well, its actually a recovery. We are picking up an 819 for DH and dragging it back to Kip's farm on Thursday morning. Wew'll probably be working on it for a while if you want to come out and meet some members. The farm is in Langcaster Oh. Pm your number and I'll get you the info you need.

GamaGoatGirl

Thanks in advance guys for helping DH recover my anniversary gift - I can't believe I can't even be there! You will have to take lots of pics for me!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish! Got a family to run here and still mending the wounds from the M1008 arrival. I'd better stay put! Take pictures and videos please!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the recovery of DH's M819 is turning into quite the event. Attendees are popping up from all over! Looks like we have:

Gimp
DH
Kipman
Oldgrunt
Oilcan
Spddmon
and possibly Stretch!

We'll have this thing up and running in short order, then again, too many indians, not enough chiefs could be a problem too! :-D

What's that crack about not enough chiefs? I was planning on being the chief on Thursday :cry:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's that crack about not enough chiefs? I was planning on being the chief on Thursday :cry:
Tom, I think Gimpy was actually looking for a "Short order Chef"!:-D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gosh...I hope the local populace has been warned and the local authorities notified:-D

There's a couple of er..."persons of interest" in that battle roster:roll:

I hope Gimp is brushing up on his adult supervision skills:wink:

oilcan

So should I bring the 1009 or the 818? And do I need to bring any tools beyond what I normally carry?

gimpyrobb

I would think the 1009 should be fine, unless we need a 250 to look at to see whats missing on DH's motor. Bring whatever you think would help to get an 800 series truck running thats been sitting for 10yrs.

oilcan

Eh, I like driving the tractor better than that scrawny little blazer. :p

Unfortunately, my 809-series spare parts load is a lot smaller than it should be.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I could be there but sadly I have to go Gatlinburg.

The first and last time I was out at Kip's farm I could swear the GPS started playing "Duelling Banjos" all by itself.

I'd like to see pics of you getting the 819 through the gate, Don't run over the well in the back or else we may have an explosion that could be seen from space.

Good luck.

sw

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hitting the road at 0800. See ya's at the farm.:-D

This is gonna be the best recovery, ever.....:roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would pay anything to be in the office of the place that is holding this 819 when all you guys show up.

"Hey Boss............. there's a bunch of dudes out at the gate............. with a big army truck......."

rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks