• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus wrench rally

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I just got back home from Kip's farm. I had to leave Adam, Eric, Kip and Gimp to gloat over Eric's new toy. We left the lot at around 1:30 or so...give or take. Got it back to Kips place with no issues other than the 818 almost running out of fuel in downtown Lancaster.

Once at Kips, we hooked up the slave cables to my deuce to let the batteries charge for a while. While that was going on, we put the new soft top Eric brought along on the truck. Then Eric put the rear drive shaft back in. The fluids were all checked on the lot, and the oil level was good, it had antifreeze in it, so the block wasn't in danger of being frozen from sitting outside for the past "who knows how many" winters. There was about 1/3 to 1/2 tank of diesel in it, so we figured what the heck....we got the ether out and started cranking it...she fired off pretty easy considering the length of time it sat. Gave it more ether to get it running again, and kept giving it shots to keep it going until the fuel system caught up with the engine....it purrs like a kitten (big old hole in the muffler though). Checked out the crane, and all works well, a few oil leaks in the hydraulics, but nothing major.

All in all DH got a real nice truck!!!! Kip, and Adam took some pictures and a video or two, so they'll post up later on I'm sure.

Oh, by the way, this is what doghead looked like when he heard that truck fire up.

Attachments

southdave

Chris this for you :-D...............

INT’L DIESELS
DT466 Rotary . . . . . .

$2,350
DT466 (Inline). . . . . . .

$2,450
9.0 Ltr.,(V- . . . . . .

$2,250
DV550, (V . . . . . . .

$1,500
444-E, 1999 & Up. . . .

$2,950
7.3 (V- . . . . . . . . . .

$1,500
DT360, (6 Cyl.) . . . . . . $2,500

$3,750

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from kipman's, so here's an update.

Gimpy's wrecker appears to have a seized main jornual bearing, causing a broken crankshaft. He had an engine in a can about 30 miles away at oilcans(the infamous somersaulting can.) Went and brought it to kipmans, and found out that it is a 5 ton motor, just happens to be a cummins 250, not a LDS. It has a PT pump, starter, alt, air compressor, powersteering and clutch. Takeout motor, so no idea of condition. Doghead may end up with it. Gimp also has a LDS in Cinnci, but no way to load it.

On to doghead's M819. It's in pretty good shape, and we took it to load up the motor from oilcan's. With some fresh fuel, it runs like a top. Very good power for a M819, it was pulling most hills in 5th, and shifting down for the steep ones to 4th. Speedo said it was running at 60. It may end up towing Gimp's wrecker to my place, or to cinnci.

Dennis

kipman

Hope this helps.

Attachments

oilcan

Since kipman was so generous to loan me his drain-o brand virus, I've been a little too preoccupied to get on the net. And since I'm in between evacuations right now, I'll just post all the pics I got without further comment.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pics. Found this road train in my driveway last night. Measured out at 74 ft long. Each truck is 33,000lbs, 4500lbs for NHC 250 in can, 1500lbs for the M105, and 1500lbs in tools, for a grand total of 73,500lbs. Gimp said he was running 40-50mph. Here's some pics!

Dennis

Attachments

kipman

more

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks