• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Well here is the magical question answered - what are those reflective shields.

They belong to a Coleman Latern - medical corp with the shield - here is a pic so you can see it.
After finding this and shame on PB for giving these to me - now I have to purchase a latern to go with the truck now.

These are a rare item to find from what I was reading.

Attachments

zout

Thunderstorms running through the area now so it was inside the doghouse to cut out the two panels above the doors that need to be replaced - got em down and standing by.

I also tee'd in both my air compressors for this weekends mission.

zout

Spent my entire day off down and the 43 - I get another full day off tomorrow to hopefully get something actually done on this instead of screwing around.
I need to finish the little door on the cargo box - inside is done & outside yet to do.

I will keep working on the actual cab itself without getting any of that into primer as of yet for various reason.

If I can get this side into oxide and check out how square I actually was able to cobble those welded in window plates I will get to the other side above the door that I have the piece cut out for OR get on top and sand until I cannot stand the heat anymore and then work on something else.

Anyhow - here are some pics of todays activities. I would have paid to have this much fun at 6 Flags today.

Attachments

zout

Reflective heat off the side of the truck (this is out in the open in BFE) so there is no protection - plus I am toooooo lazy to stick up a sun shield. Sticking up something to protect me from the sun would cost me time lost in working on the truck - so I ignore the heat.

It was 116 reflective heat off the truck on the digital thermometer. Ask my wife who keep supplying me with cold tea to keep from withering away like the lost sole I am. Ask her how hot it was and what I looked like - I am a pitiful individual anyhow. rofl
Work - use the air line to blow myself off - work-drink - blow myself off and keep on kicking arse on it. It does no good doing anything else but stick at it and be DEDICATED. I am CAMO - therefore I am dedicated.

My daughter is due any day to have a baby so between hammering down and waiting for the jeep engine of my wife's to get done so I can pretend to get back on that - I just hope I justify my work on the M43 as it rightfully desirves in honor to those that served in it and to those that were treated in it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Reflective heat off the side of the truck (this is out in the open in BFE) so there is no protection - plus I am toooooo lazy to stick up a sun shield. Sticking up something to protect me from the sun would cost me time lost in working on the truck - so I ignore the heat.
It was 116 reflective heat off the truck on the digital thermometer. Ask my wife who keep supplying me with cold tea to keep from withering away like the lost sole I am. Ask her how hot it was and what I looked like - I am a pitiful individual anyhow. rofl
Work - use the air line to blow myself off - work-drink - blow myself off and keep on kicking arse on it. It does no good doing anything else but stick at it and be DEDICATED. I am CAMO - therefore I am dedicated.
My daughter is due any day to have a baby so between hammering down and waiting for the jeep engine of my wife's to get done so I can pretend to get back on that - I just hope I justify my work on the M43 as it rightfully desirves in honor to those that served in it and to those that were treated in it.[/QUOTE]

You are an excellent troop grasshopper (not just a good troop)!![thumbzup]
The baby will be a future asset to us all :grd:

God Bless you and the family...and the American spirit you represent!![thumbzup]

zout

I appreciate the kind posts - thank you.

Having that floor opened gives me all kinds of access to get to the frame - sandblasting the rear compartment - I am really leaning on going white with the rear - its just more sterile in appearance.

I will get to the roof on evenings when cooler to get that done and continue on the drivers side now, then head back to the rust areas behind the doors that are minimal in size and damage - that was lack of drain holes.

I have a pressure sandblaster coming this week - I have been using a siphon one with both compressors running - should make a tremendous difference in getting more done - did I mention getting to the frame now since it is open.

I will see the side once sanded with scotchbrite for any wavers in it and I have filler primer to get er smooth as a babies butt.

What a great day to open up the Army Star today on the passenger door - wonder when the last time someone saw that was ?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks