• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding work Zout!!
We at CAMO are all cheering for ya from the compound.[thumbzup]

I showed the CAMO fellers some of your build pics yesterday and they were all amazed.:grin:

Looks like we are gonna have to throw a "new member" party early next month!:jumpin::jumpin:
Blue2actual's wife had her baby too!!:-D:-D

Life is good!:-D

zout

Tell her congrats on the new memeber to Life.

Here is where I wound up at the end of today. If my brain was not fried from the heat I think this is where I wanted to end up at the end of the day today.

I am not working on the 43 tomorrow - going to sit and sift out sandblasting media so I can get that nasty a** hood - do not care what I throw at it cause it is that bad w/paint - bondo (NO I DO NOT DISLIKE BONDO) (IT JUST HAS ITS PLACE).

I have my Wild Dog degreaser for pressure washing - this stuff is wicked.

That engine compartment will be beconning for a power plant in the near future.

What comes next after Body work - The ambulance section - sandblasting. I will lay my big tarp out for collection of media so I can hammer the living daylights out of it with this new pressure blaster (its really cool). Then move into the cab.

I need to finish blasting the tire carrier rack - other side of the grille and the center section - with this new toy it should take only a couple hrs and keep screening my media.

TWM - only teach on REAL TOOLS - gotta get the new younin using the high speed grinder here in a couple months :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

This 43 is so FRICKIN COOL

Pics

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Zout you are a FREIGHT TRAIN!!!! Always chuggin along. Congrats on the new member. A few days off might do the kid and your brain some good. But don't keep us waiting too long, lol! Awesome job, I'd call it a successful weekend.:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:[thumbzup]

zout

DR - I can put a younger man in the grave working with me. And I am only 59.
Once I have a MISSION - no need to say more as the pics of all my projects explain it all.

Wanna know what its like to work for a living - come send that PIA teenager to me for a weekend of treatment and home thearpy. If their not dead after seveal days they will be worth while to send back to you in a much changed attitude.

Duct Tape - lots and lots of Duct tape

WOW! I don't look on this thread for a while, and what do ya know three more pages of great work to catch up on.[thumbzup] Congrats on the grandson. Keep up that quality work its %100 better than how I have been working...Not at all...now that I have time:roll:

zout

I will have to look around for my tape measure - last time I saw it was when I re-tiled the shower - grandkids probably got their paws on it - then try to get you measurements around all my crap in the back.

I tried to wipe the paint off the harness - kind of like why I used duct tape - it will bounce off only for a short time (not like wiping the nozzle across your hand with no glove on) (yes I did that:cookoo:). I hit the connectors for a little longer plus the # tags - I will wipe a little grease on these to keep from paint sticking - then wash it off later.

You can tell the before and after of the fender seal - there were LARGE cracks in it from all the paint - got it down to rubber - which I should really coat and cover up but I didn't.

zout

Plan is to chuck on the air respirator - soft out some sand and get inside the engine compartment for a final cleaning like I want it - this first was just to knock off the debris - greasy areas are tough to blast so I will scrape down that panel on the right lower side of the pic above and hit it again.

No rain in sight around here so I may close the hood and wack off the top while I am at it - I can always get a coat of oxide on it. Then get inside the front fender wells for a blast out.

Had the tarp out last night and pretty much saved what I shot and sifted it out again. Just too hungry when I posted last night to update anymore plus almost time to go to bed as I am a big ole sissy.

Passenger side glass is busted so I will just duct tape off the drivers side really good for the framework blasting (PB knows how I am giong to get the rusted out front area - I will only show a before and after pic of how I am going to do this area.
Then onto the roof.

Danger Ranger

To be completely honest, i posted that after reading Zout's stuff....he has a purpose like none other in projects. But.......you can have a plan too:lol:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fantastic Zout. Here I am sitting with a cold beer after blasting, primer and painting a bunch of brackets, hinges, small parts, etc. and feeling good about the day. It is obvious I couldn't be in the same room with you and your talent. I enjoy your posts.

Danger Ranger

What would it take to get you up here to do my projects Zout?!?!?!? Its cooler up here!!;-);-)[thumbzup] Can you work on tractors? hehe.

AWESOME job, the jealousy factor is rising....

Status
Not open for further replies.