• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Maintenance......GEEZ....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
GL event 3175, truck went for 4000.00 and change, is this a normal/average price or what?. This is the second one I have bid on, I bailed on the first one at 2500, this one at 3000, any thoughts?

FMJ

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Contact Maintenance......GEEZ....

Westech said:
that a little high.. more in the 2 -3k range. the CUCV's are getting way up there now.
I was prepared to pay 3k, but in the last 2 min someone came in and pushed the bid to 4k, was me and one other guy bidding the whole time, then 2 min before the end another bidder came in and jacked it up.....

1956_4x4

They're worth what the person is willing to pay... I paid more than that for mine, but mine was in pretty good shape and still had a lot of the tools and equipment with it. I put over 12,000 miles on it last year and it doesn't give me much trouble (except that the throttle shaft seals have started to leak...).

Smitty

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree - too overpriced for a 20+ year old truck that is sold AS IS. Course, it wouldn't take much to turn that into a perfect truck, looks like only the seat is messed up, and that's it.

Probably Alfa Heaven bidding it up, will soon be on their webpage for $10K.

Michael

The Contact Maintenance trucks seem to go 50 to 100% higher than all the rest of the CUCVs from what I have seen. $4000 would be typical if the generator and compressor are still in it. I wouldn't have bid it without knowing though.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't seem too bad if its as nice as it looks. I only paid $1770 for mine last spring, but: it had a cracked w/s, bent d/s, cracked extension housing, bad tires, no gas tank, ratted dash wiring, wisconsin engine was missing carb and starter, etc. So 4K for a complete one doesn't seem too bad.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
72K10, yours was a little different, and better in my opinion. Yours had the M887 shop set on it. I like the looks of the body better and IIRC, yours is a welder as well, the one in the CUCV is just a genset or at least thats what I've heard.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
mangus580 said:
FMJ said:
All this truck had was the Gen, everything else was gone.......

That explains the price.... the gen's are hard to find.
And for what I wanted out of it, driveline to put in my 1008, it was a little steep. One in Barstow 2 weeks ago went for 2500 or so, and it had the compressor as well.

Taz

I don't get the GL prices either. I bought five contact trucks over the span of two years. They were rough, but enough parts were there to build two complete trucks. I paid anywhere from $225 each to $850. I kept the best one and struggled to get $3000 for the other one about two years ago. There were like six more that were a little more complete (I only got one and a half front axles out of the five) and when they sold they bougth $1800-2500 each! Looking at it now, I would have been better off to save the time I spent building the one I sold and parted it out. It was a running, driving truck with fresh paint and about 50K miles. I think that same truck would have gotten way more on GL? I think there are some dealers out there that have the means to pay more than we want to pay so they can "cormer the market" and justify thier asking prices. I use the crap out of the one I kept. It has a snow plow on it now and the generator and compressor and I can through my MIG in it if needed. Oh and the paperwork that came with it said procurement cost was like $45,000 in 1990 when the bed was installed!

Attachments

1956_4x4

For those that are just buying these for the drivetrain... Please keep me in mind if you have a box off one of these laying around. I just had a fire truck back into the rear of mine the other day. There wasn't much damage, but the left rear door was hit right on the hinge and bent it in about 1.5". The door will still open to allow access to the back, but it won't fold to keep it open.

The Chief was going to make the kid pay for it, but I knew he was hurting for money so I told him not to worry about it (they don't pay these guys enough...). Bottom line, I still need a door.

Smitty

mutt1966

Looking at the engine compartment what is that thing mounted above the injection pump seems to have electrical wiring going into the cab.
Thanks Scott