• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cookout at Zout's

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout , you would think one of those westerners would know how to dig a pit and drop some mestique wood and coals in , then drop a pig on top and cover it with some dirt for a day and then pig out.
Well it would take a backhoe to dig a hole in the ground here, no trees=no mesquite, not to mention everyone usually lives a long distance apart!:roll:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it would take a backhoe to dig a hole in the ground here, no trees=no mesquite, not to mention everyone usually lives a long distance apart!:roll:
Dosen't the navy have a base in Arizona for you to transfer to , it's got about the same amount of water as Wyoming and the desert digs easy .:whistle:

zout

Just so you are pre-advised PB - I took the hitch off the front of the grille so you cannot tow it away again while its cookin and hide it on me with your golf kart. You took it sooooo far away I could not even see the smoke anymore.

BBQ Chicken leg quarters - Hot Dogs and Hamburgers are the main menu - then all those lovely dishes the folks bring[thumbzup] (if I cannot raise enough chickens by then they may be pidgeon leg quarters fresh from the Atlanta billboards and power lines.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave just in case there is a chance that you MIGHT run out of bird, you can have my DOG as a back up roast [thumbzup].

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just so you are pre-advised PB - I took the hitch off the front of the grille so you cannot tow it away again while its cookin and hide it on me with your golf kart. You took it sooooo far away I could not even see the smoke anymore.

BBQ Chicken leg quarters - Hot Dogs and Hamburgers are the main menu - then all those lovely dishes the folks bring[thumbzup] (if I cannot raise enough chickens by then they may be pidgeon leg quarters fresh from the Atlanta billboards and power lines.
So...next time I ask for a small bite of the piggy...you will give it to me yes??
I REALLY hate "hogging" the food!!:whistle:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure that Tinkerbell is quite well aware of this little known fact, but for the benefit of every one else here.....

Few people know that every four years, on LEAP DAY - February 29th, Elvis make a special appearance on a slice of bacon.

Here's the photographic evidence of this rare cameo:

Attachments

Stan Leschert

It's a bit far to travel for that one,
But the Camo Crew North (OK'd by PB),
Has accepted a dare and will participate in a Legion Chili Challenge, in September.

I am looking for your best recipies (Sorry WM, NO POSSUM! )
After taking 2nd place a couple of times, We're looking for 1st.

Apearance, Texture, and enough heat to let you know that you've had real Chili,
but moderate enough as to not burn the faces off our our veterans.

Care to share a recipe?

For meat we've used Moose, Elk, Ostrich, USDA Prime, and even Haggis!

And this year,
As we are hosting this "Airborne Toxic Exent" ....
We want to win!

zout

Stan - I have a chili from the Northern sections of Michigan where we averaged 154 inches of snow a year. Dead of winter we use to pile logs and have a bon fire outside and ya had to throw a buck in the jar for something from the brown jug perched on a stump.

I have a chili I made that is called 6 Minute Chile for them bon fire days.
It goes down rather lucious and delicious - sort of mouth watering for the next yummy bite- but - in 6 minutes you cannot get the the ole crapper fast enough and then you are parked there.

Have any friends ya would like to share that one with:jumpin:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tigger just reminded me about this cook out. We missed it last year but if there is room my self and wife Jonette would love to come! We don't have a pet to bring unless we bring our five year old son he's like our pet!....lol

zout

Your Wife and son are more than welcome - if they wanna drag you along as well that will be great as we have plenty of room.

If you can or cannot make a dish to pass - do not worry about it - just show up.
Bring ya own drinks of your choice.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since then I have finally put a lock on the lid.[/QUOTE]

Locks are only for honest people. I can be very dishonest when it comes to BBQ.........:mrgreen::jumpin:

zout

Seeing as last year we were able to help LIFERS family I think it very important for Deb and I to look forward to possibly helping another this cookout.

There will be no pressure to donate if you cannot
There will be just an open jar to toss in - if you wish to
There will be no one looking just to keep an eye out
The jar will be DARK so no one can see what was placed in it

After a recent e mail I received - I would like PB to be the carrier and forward what we have a chance to collect to be forwarded to the:

Columbus Ga Hospice Center that help support Dick Fuller

Just in case your that sort of person that cannot make it here - forward something to PB stating you wish it to go to this fund - whatever we get. Like I said before if you cannot - your thoughts will be duely counted as support.

Let me make it perfectly clear - neither Deb nor I will handle this jug - it will be handed over to PB to be sure it gets to where it is suppose to be - and to those in charge of the facility.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing as last year we were able to help OleFarts family I think it very important for Deb and I to look forward to possibly helping another this cookout.

There will be no pressure to donate if you cannot
There will be just an open jar to toss in - if you wish to
There will be no one looking just to keep an eye out
The jar will be DARK so no one can see what was placed in it

After a recent e mail I received - I would like PB to be the carrier and forward what we have a chance to collect to be forwarded to the:

Columbus Ga Hospice Center that help support Dick Fuller

Just in case your that sort of person that cannot make it here - forward something to PB stating you wish it to go to this fund - whatever we get. Like I said before if you cannot - your thoughts will be duely counted as support.

Let me make it perfectly clear - neither Deb nor I will handle this jug - it will be handed over to PB to be sure it gets to where it is suppose to be - and to those in charge of the facility.
For those of us unable to attend but still wishing to make a donation...

Where can dotations be sent?
(Address, PayPal, or other)

Thank you for leading the charge on this.

John

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your Wife and son are more than welcome - if they wanna drag you along as well that will be great as we have plenty of room.

If you can or cannot make a dish to pass - do not worry about it - just show up.
Bring ya own drinks of your choice.

Jonette said she will bring me if she has too!...lol O"~ I think she was serious? :0)

As far as food that's no problem she loves to cook remember she is from New Orleans so If WM brings the possum she can bring the Rat!

We hope to make it!

zout

USAFF - check /PB how best to do this - possibly a direct payment to the hospice under CAMO name ?? he will guide us once he has a clue I have done this.

Streamline - if ya wife does not have enough duct tape to hold ya down to get you here - have her give me a pm and I wil help her out rofl