• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cookout at Zout's

SMOKEWAGON66

Once again my locale inhibits me from participating or enjoying ANYTHING....so I guess ill just wait for the AAR, read it while :popcorn:. One of these days Ill manage to drag my carcass on outa this state and reside somewhere much closer to all the fun.

zout

Smoke - we'll be thinkin of ya as we wipe the homemade BBQ sause from our lips and wash it all down with some ice cold refreshments.

Just so we're clear on the main menu - its Chicken BIG leg quarters - some wings will be on there along with huddling up next to some hamburers and the hot dogs will be stickin themselves in there as well. (turkey dogs)

If I can snatch up a couple of them turkey buzzards from WM - I might toss a couple of their drumsticks on there as well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Smoke - we'll be thinkin of ya as we wipe the homemade BBQ sause from our lips and wash it all down with some ice cold refreshments.

Just so we're clear on the main menu - its Chicken BIG leg quarters - some wings will be on there along with huddling up next to some hamburers and the hot dogs will be stickin themselves in there as well. (turkey dogs)

If I can snatch up a couple of them turkey buzzards from WM - I might toss a couple of their drumsticks on there as well.
About mid-April I'm gonna start collecting up choice road kill critters and storing them in MB's freezer.

I'll bring a big ole steaming pot of "PB's suprise stew"[thumbzup]

Gosh...I'm hungry!

Attachments

mdmorganwife

A dog named Deuce has to be a tough trooper...he'll be just fine...give him a salt tablet and a canteen of water and light duty for a week.;-)
He was a tough guy, didn't complain just starting limping. But then it swelled up 4 times it normal size, that is when we got worried.

zout

Sure like that pic PB - that is an overall wrap up in one pic of the Ga Rally commradre.

GREAT NEWS: the shops air compressor took a dump a few weeks back and I confiscated the 120 gallon tank.

Brought it home and thought how good it would work for a new BBQ grille. SO I cut a hole in the top to stuff whatever dead carcass's I could inside - squirrels hit by cars - dead birds - frogs out of the pond in the back - and tossed em in. Had a new set of torch tanks so I fired up the torch and started heating the bottom to see how good it would "smoke" off with food in there.

Well the ole smoke started rollin out and an aromatic aroma arose from the heat and flame. Seems like it might make a good smoker so we will start on this and hopefully be done making another cooker so I do not have to tug that BSOB cooker home from work for the cookout.

I have a nice Brinkman smoker that will be of no use to me then - how about we take a vote at the cookout and who brings the most voted on delicious dish gets to bring the Brinkman smoker home with them ??

zout

I dunno TWM - its almost as heavy as the M109:shock:

19 days away till the cookout so I will modestly pop another BUMP here:

April 21st COOKOUT at Zouts
No Run No 4 wheeling
just good fun selling and buying and good music and good food

Main Dish's supplied - BBQ Chicken and whatever else fits on this lunker grill.

Bring a Dish to pass if you can - snacks welcome as well
BYOB or liquid to quench yourself

Yes I am checking to see if cherries are in season yet:shock:

Address: 4253 Russet Court Lilburn Ga 30047
If you cannot afford to bring the MV - come anyhow
Bring the kids - bring the other kid (dog's welcome) as long as they are not of the killer breed.

Bring a fold out lawn chair if you can

I will have paper plates of the heavy type plus hardware and plastic cups

Time: come any cotton pickin time ya feel like it in the morning - probably eat around noonish 1:00 for those that cannot hang all night till the birds stop chirpin. I think it finally ended last yr around 2 in the morning.

Will have plenty of shade to sit under - Plan on stickin up the camo net again I got from Neil - that worked out great for a lot of folks.

PM me if you need my phone # for a just in case situation.

zout

Well - like they saying goes with guys with big feet - I am a Norweigen and have a big nose - that is the standard we go by :beer: - Not proud - just well gifted.

Anyhow seeing as ya all started that - I fired up and burned off the grill and have SIX slabs of ribs to BBQ in a couple days for my 60th birthday here.

If I get time and can still hold a camera steady - I may shoot ya a tempting pic - of the ribs not my nose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks