• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of Russian trucks earning their keep. (Nail Biter!)

Zil-133 is the longnose diesel version, the truck in the second vid is a beat up Zil-131, with a gas v8. The Urals looked like either 375D or 4320. Generally speaking the Zil-131 is ill suited for a logging truck. The Ural-375D is powered by a bigger gasoline V8 engine (Zil-375Ya). These guys are from Karachay, the mountainous region in the south. As the regional stereotype goes, they allegedly have a well deserved reputation for being reckless.

The Russian logging operators in the north prefer diesel powered Urals (4320 and 375 converted to 14 liter V8 diesel YaMZ-238) and KrAZ with YaMZ-238 Turbo.

saddamsnightmare

November 27th, 2009.

I've seen West Virginia Loggers do just about the same thing back in the 1970's with M135 and M211's, and I often wondered if the few bucks they made were worth it. Once the M35A's and the 5 tons came loose, better trucks were had for that kind of work. However, I doubt I would overload a truck as those ones are, I'd definitely have a cab window open, and I'd extend the intake mushroom as those boys were very close to a hydrolock situation. In any case more jewels then brains!:-D

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:p

The Janiter

Speeking of Russian trucks - has any one else seen the depot of Russion trucks at Gulfport, Miss. In a "International zone compound) off the hwy. Any one know if they can be baught??

Michael

What were the tonage ratings in comparison to the Deuce or 5 ton?
Basic Ural-4320 with Kamaz-740 engine is rated to haul 5 ton off-road. There are variants with Yamz-236 and Yamz-238 engines (dump trucks, log haulers, steel pipe haulers, etc.) that have much higher rating. Off the top of my head - 7 and 12 tons.

In reality, even basic 4320 is capable of more than 5 tons, the weakest point are the brakes (air over hydraulic IIRC).

tm america

ya they are getting pretty close to being a training video for flipping a truck back over especially the first video with the running river.wow it would really suck to get washed down stream .the second video wasnt as impressive if you look really close you will see that even though there is enough weight hanging off the back to pick the tires off the ground when taking off.the overhang is just perfect to keep it from going over backwards kind of like a big set of wooden wheelie bars,.i'm sure those guys have been going down those roads with those trucks for years probably even back when they still looked like roads

bobbed818

Obviously the logs are enough weight to keep the trucks in the first video from being washed downstream. I bet it is a little more tricky to get across empty. Either way i think I'll just watch from the bank and skip my turn at the next rally.

moleary

Zil-133 is the longnose diesel version, the truck in the second vid is a beat up Zil-131, with a gas v8. The Urals looked like either 375D or 4320. Generally speaking the Zil-131 is ill suited for a logging truck. The Ural-375D is powered by a bigger gasoline V8 engine (Zil-375Ya). These guys are from Karachay, the mountainous region in the south. As the regional stereotype goes, they allegedly have a well deserved reputation for being reckless.

The Russian logging operators in the north prefer diesel powered Urals (4320 and 375 converted to 14 liter V8 diesel YaMZ-238) and KrAZ with YaMZ-238 Turbo.
Cool - but why do you know that??
;-)

Jarek M

Blah, blah.... the videos are what you get after mixing 6ton trucks and VODKA!!! To bad nobody makes videos of them going through the villages after they come off the mountains :roll: ... so what's the top speed of a M928 A2?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks