• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of Russian trucks earning their keep. (Nail Biter!)

duncan

Ha and that one links to this vid... edit: wait it was the same as the 2nd vid in the thread. Liking it!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW look at some of the other vids that are under the last posted one.. some SERIOUS BIGGGGGGG trucks some 6x6 and 8x8s in some real bad a$$ spots

Victor

looks like situation normal to me - nice driving!
Yes it is, depence on definition of "NORMAL"

Russian guys are crazy, believe me...!!! I have seen it. :roll:
Not all.

How do you say "Hey yall watch this!!" in Russian? Answer...Смотрите это!!
Hey yall Смотрите это!!

:cookoo: MMM if OSHA could just see those videos , they're not wearing hard hats or ear protection, like any of that would matter.
The location is prohibited by OSHA

... old USSR is 3rd world for the most part with pockets of "modern civilization".
Many parts are not explored by humans.

After seeing the second video I think these guys are probably doing whatever they have to to make a living. That truck is seriously overloaded and unstable. That guy was insane to get on the front of that truck and think his weight would make any real difference. Let's just say I'm glad my job description doesn't include that task!
It is not as bad as it looks like. They just doing the job. Truck is not overloaded as bad as you think. Just by looking I'd guess 7-8 ton. It's about capacity of truck. The conditions are extreme.

Zil-133 is the longnose diesel version, the truck in the second vid is a beat up Zil-131, with a gas v8. The Urals looked like either 375D or 4320. Generally speaking the Zil-131 is ill suited for a logging truck. The Ural-375D is powered by a bigger gasoline V8 engine (Zil-375Ya). These guys are from Karachay, the mountainous region in the south. As the regional stereotype goes, they allegedly have a well deserved reputation for being reckless.

The Russian logging operators in the north prefer diesel powered Urals (4320 and 375 converted to 14 liter V8 diesel YaMZ-238) and KrAZ with YaMZ-238 Turbo.
Yep, but they are FAR away from 1,000,000 miles CATs or Cummins. Most of them 100,000 Km (50,000miles) life spend. Then you need to rebuild.

wow, where can I get me some of those urals to add to my (future) collection? Im impressed
Stick with duce. If you get one swap to Cat/Cammins with Spicer/Allison and change all bering to TIMKENT or equivalent. Also swap driveshafts with yocks as possible.

Or... we could just show what our bridge layers can do, which seems like a more reasonable option!
That speaks volumes about the qualities of Stolichnaya Vodka. My God! Trucks that are both Soldier AND Sailor proof! How do I import one? And who can translate the manuals? !!!!
juha_teuvonnen. He can

Because I lived in Russia for 25 years ;)
That you don't see is amount of maintenance and repairs required to upkeep. maybe with good oils and grease it will prolong it's life.

jimm1009

Now that is one really sexy, man-size tire.
Thanks for the pictures.​
I like it and it obviously works very very well.

Why does the rest of the wold not use that tire? :jumpin:

I want some of those. :sad:

jimm1009​

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those trucks need a set of those rear hitch testacles, but instead of normal size, they need to be the size of bowling balls. A set for the driver as well, I'd recommend, but I'm pretty sure they have ones that size already.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All these videos over there is ext ream.
lumber Company logging the Forrest.
those trucks are demil From Russia Military.
you shooed see what Cilivan carrying there trucks It will blow you away.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent a few months in Uzbekistan and saw local gents using old ex-Russian MVs in similar grossly overloaded conditions. All hard ground/pavement so I didnt get to witness the off-roading but it was cool nonetheless. The maintenance is right... constant maintenance but I'll bet those guys are very good at using what they have on hand. All the trucks I saw were old as sh**, and looked like a bag of a** but they ran! The operators can probably fab' a part like it's nobody's business. Also, not giving a crap about safety or working conditions helps keep your stuff running. It means you can fix whatever you want by any means necessary...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks