• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Build... Here We Go Again...

jakwi

man as old as this thread is I figured I'd get to read through the whole build. I'm really curious how it ended up. I'd love to know what donor vehicle the seats came from.

Matt65

man as old as this thread is I figured I'd get to read through the whole build. I'm really curious how it ended up. I'd love to know what donor vehicle the seats came from.

Yeah, I hope we get an update soon as well. Amazing build.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has since been through another transition. The engine was pulled, freshened up and new heads installed. The 700R4 was scrapped in favor of the 4L80E and an all digital dash was installed. Only a few more bugs for Mike to work out!

1986Blazerk5

Man.... the abuse... Ok so your not Office Space fans!!! (that movie is one of the greatest of all times!)

Here is a few more pics! Inside sandblasted, epoxy primer and bedliner sprayed...

Going to pick up the paint now... Should see some color by monday in various places!
what kind of bedliner did you use?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new 4L80E fried itself to a crackly crunch. Other than that, it's pretty much done. The tranny was new but a faulty and clogged aux cooler cost the tranny and all the expensive components it's life. Again the truck has been placed on the back burner in hopes that Mr Murphy will soon die a painful death.

Did Mike not flush the cooler before installing the tranny? I just had my trucks tranny rebuilt and put on a new trans cooler and bypassed the factory cooler. If I ever have to have it rebuilt again I will just replace the cooler it was only 60 bucks alot less then the cost of a rebuild.

1986Blazerk5

Did Mike not flush the cooler before installing the tranny? I just had my trucks tranny rebuilt and put on a new trans cooler and bypassed the factory cooler. If I ever have to have it rebuilt again I will just replace the cooler it was only 60 bucks alot less then the cost of a rebuild.
Where did you puy the cooler? I want to add one as well

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a new cooler, plugged from the factory. Thats what sucks about the whole deal. Guess we need flowmeters on everything.

I got it from autozone. Im not sure what size would be needed for a CUCV to provide proper transmission cooling. I put this one on my 2002 Dodge Dakota Compressor Works/Transmission Oil Cooler | Transmission Oil Cooler | AutoZone.com

If you wanna go to the trouble and expense you can get a tranny cooler with shroud and fan from B&M. I believe you can also add a electronic thermostat to trip the fan off and on and run a temp gauge.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It got really complicated after that. I stood down and am now on deck if Mike needs anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks