• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Build... Here We Go Again...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Nice I can not wati to see how many hits this one gets Diablo has thousands and my be the most popular viewing thread of SS history. I still have to find out if my son damaged the front hub of our M1009 when he hydroplained into a curb and bent the rim and blew the tire.

devilman96

Anyone want to start a pool on how long devilman can leave the suspension alone?:twisted:

No... No... No... and no! I've already done 360's in traffic with this truck twice... Me like'a the current height... Me no like'a rolling it!

Dman, i have a parts truck that i could cut those cab corners if you need, and have a nice big chop saw to cut them clean if needed.

Thanks Cat but I think crash has it... He's going to cut them Sun and I will send UPS to fetch them for installing next week.

Very Nice I can not wati to see how many hits this one gets Diablo has thousands and my be the most popular viewing thread of SS history

Thanks AM I think the Diablo thread is over 77K views now but I dont think this one will get there. Im doin a lot but Im going fast as snot so less time on the build (2 months vs 8), the mods are not as difficult, the trucks not as unusual... Im adding some flare (12 piece minimum) but it should still be pretty cool in the end and inspire a few spin off's im sure.

Will get some pics up tonight, Inside is sandblasted, primed and seam sealed now... Time for bed liner and start putting color on the door jams!

Last edited:

devilman96

Man.... the abuse... Ok so your not Office Space fans!!! (that movie is one of the greatest of all times!)

Here is a few more pics! Inside sandblasted, epoxy primer and bedliner sprayed...

Going to pick up the paint now... Should see some color by monday in various places!

Attachments

Westech

CPL
you know I should send him some flowers.. I have been picking on him a lot, Kenny too. I guess I just miss all you guys and have not been able to go to any SS events. I'm saving so when I get out I will be able to hit all the events for a year.

devilman96

So you said it isn't going offroad, is this your truck or Morgan's?
Mine... So beer isn't a factor unlike Morgans!!! LOL

so its kinda like the 6.5 turbo Diesel 4x4 3/4 ton burb that the wife drives and never gets dirty?
Hummm sounds a LOT like a certain website admin I know!!!

On the other hand, the GF wants a 09 so if anyone is selling one let me know.

Says Westy as he slaps Mikey in the face :razz:
You go play with your 5 tons bub!

you know I should send him some flowers.. I have been picking on him a lot, Kenny too. I guess I just miss all you guys and have not been able to go to any SS events. I'm saving so when I get out I will be able to hit all the events for a year.
How bout a kiss and a hug too? According to Gimp I'm in the market!

Gonna go paint a tail gate and see how this 230$ a gallon stuff looks! *ouch*

devilman96

Well the color is dead on... The paint is Sherwin Williams Genius line of automotive paint (urethane). If you ever want to use it expect about a weeks wait for a store to get it in… It’s a flat "hotrod" base mixed to the CARC 383 Green color... After all the work I did on the deuce and the money I spent, that was the first and LAST time I waste my money on a Mil type paint... Less than 2 years later and its already in need of repainting and that was wth spending the cash on hardner and flatening agent to get the finish right!

More sandblasting in process... The driver’s side is done and primed... Passenger side is getting there (damn that’s a slow process)... The rest of the sheet metal will come off soon to be blasted but I’m trying to keep the truck running as long as I can as working late alone makes for moving a dead truck very difficult...

The tailgate in the pic... Sand blasted... Epoxy primed inside and out... Body work, and sheet metal replacement done (8 hours worth) Inside undercoated... Insulation applied to outer skin for heat and noise and now finally paint! Pretty much everything is getting done this way.

Attachments

devilman96

The ICOM 706mkII is a good radio...is it the mkII or the mkIIg? The IIg is what I use in the house for the HF rig at this point.
IIG ... The nice thing about these is when you open them up your covering as much as you possibly can with a single radio... being that you have dual antenna mounts on the truck and can have 2 antennas, toss in the tuner and your set. Repeater function for talk abouts... and if you had to you can yank it out for a moble...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks