• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Crew Cab?

tim292stro

Gotcha - just going off the Wikipedia list, looks like that was a semi-trailer comm-shelter. Might be what they are doing, but doesn't feel "right" - know what I mean?

I think I well and thoroughly highjacked this thread (sorry...) Will now spawn off a new build thread.

-T

MoparGuy00

tim292stro You ever come up with that designation name?
Tried finding your thread in your posts but I can't seem to find a trace for your Crew Cab M1031 build.

Trying to do a Crew Cab W/M1010 body fab'd to be useful like a M1031 w/ the compartments when my stint in Okinawa is over and I get back to Lejeune. Trying to make a daily driver that is 50% Utility Box truck and 50% Camper.

tim292stro

I went with "XM1027", but the project is gone. Lost everything last fall when the land under my storage unit got sold so someone next door could have a bigger parking lot, couldn't find a place to land everything so I had to write off $250K worth of vehicles, Tents, parts, spares, materials, and tools to save my financial future (still rent and have been trying to buy a house - can't have an "eviction" on the credit record right now). After the first M1009 Blazer got wrecked by a suicidal Uber driver (who I managed not to kill despite T-boning him while he blindly crossed 4-lanes of traffic in a Honda Civic), I went and bought another one in better shape, and was mid-rebuild on it. Had it stripped down for a full paint job - couldn't even land that so had to give it away for a dollar to save it being crushed. Set me back 20+ years, and about 95% of my capabilities - made me question whether I wanted to see another sun-rise...

The flip side is that the guy who bought the land for his big parking lot, runs a company which does paving and fencing serving the commercial real-estate industry in the S.F. Bay Area, he bought the land to consolidate two sites which were hemorrhaging cash - and that market is imploding now, so with luck he'll be out of business by the fall.

I'm basically out of MV for a few years at this point.

joshuak

I went with "XM1027", but the project is gone. Lost everything last fall when the land under my storage unit got sold so someone next door could have a bigger parking lot, couldn't find a place to land everything so I had to write off $250K worth of vehicles, Tents, parts, spares, materials, and tools to save my financial future (still rent and have been trying to buy a house - can't have an "eviction" on the credit record right now). After the first M1009 Blazer got wrecked by a suicidal Uber driver (who I managed not to kill despite T-boning him while he blindly crossed 4-lanes of traffic in a Honda Civic), I went and bought another one in better shape, and was mid-rebuild on it. Had it stripped down for a full paint job - couldn't even land that so had to give it away for a dollar to save it being crushed. Set me back 20+ years, and about 95% of my capabilities - made me question whether I wanted to see another sun-rise...

The flip side is that the guy who bought the land for his big parking lot, runs a company which does paving and fencing serving the commercial real-estate industry in the S.F. Bay Area, he bought the land to consolidate two sites which were hemorrhaging cash - and that market is imploding now, so with luck he'll be out of business by the fall.

I'm basically out of MV for a few years at this point.
Can't "Like" a post with those MV misfortunes, but good to see you posting.

Here's to better luck for ya!

MoparGuy00

Good lord, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's horrible. I want to apologize for asking seeing as its obviously brought up some really bad memories.

I wish there was something I could do this world doesn't have enough good people as it is. We just cant get enough good folks in this hobby. I want to wish you luck in finding a new spot to work on projects, we would love to see you back in action!