• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Crew Cab?

tim292stro

Gotcha - just going off the Wikipedia list, looks like that was a semi-trailer comm-shelter. Might be what they are doing, but doesn't feel "right" - know what I mean?

I think I well and thoroughly highjacked this thread (sorry...) Will now spawn off a new build thread.

-T

MoparGuy00

tim292stro You ever come up with that designation name?
Tried finding your thread in your posts but I can't seem to find a trace for your Crew Cab M1031 build.

Trying to do a Crew Cab W/M1010 body fab'd to be useful like a M1031 w/ the compartments when my stint in Okinawa is over and I get back to Lejeune. Trying to make a daily driver that is 50% Utility Box truck and 50% Camper.

tim292stro

I went with "XM1027", but the project is gone. Lost everything last fall when the land under my storage unit got sold so someone next door could have a bigger parking lot, couldn't find a place to land everything so I had to write off $250K worth of vehicles, Tents, parts, spares, materials, and tools to save my financial future (still rent and have been trying to buy a house - can't have an "eviction" on the credit record right now). After the first M1009 Blazer got wrecked by a suicidal Uber driver (who I managed not to kill despite T-boning him while he blindly crossed 4-lanes of traffic in a Honda Civic), I went and bought another one in better shape, and was mid-rebuild on it. Had it stripped down for a full paint job - couldn't even land that so had to give it away for a dollar to save it being crushed. Set me back 20+ years, and about 95% of my capabilities - made me question whether I wanted to see another sun-rise...

The flip side is that the guy who bought the land for his big parking lot, runs a company which does paving and fencing serving the commercial real-estate industry in the S.F. Bay Area, he bought the land to consolidate two sites which were hemorrhaging cash - and that market is imploding now, so with luck he'll be out of business by the fall.

I'm basically out of MV for a few years at this point.

joshuak

I went with "XM1027", but the project is gone. Lost everything last fall when the land under my storage unit got sold so someone next door could have a bigger parking lot, couldn't find a place to land everything so I had to write off $250K worth of vehicles, Tents, parts, spares, materials, and tools to save my financial future (still rent and have been trying to buy a house - can't have an "eviction" on the credit record right now). After the first M1009 Blazer got wrecked by a suicidal Uber driver (who I managed not to kill despite T-boning him while he blindly crossed 4-lanes of traffic in a Honda Civic), I went and bought another one in better shape, and was mid-rebuild on it. Had it stripped down for a full paint job - couldn't even land that so had to give it away for a dollar to save it being crushed. Set me back 20+ years, and about 95% of my capabilities - made me question whether I wanted to see another sun-rise...

The flip side is that the guy who bought the land for his big parking lot, runs a company which does paving and fencing serving the commercial real-estate industry in the S.F. Bay Area, he bought the land to consolidate two sites which were hemorrhaging cash - and that market is imploding now, so with luck he'll be out of business by the fall.

I'm basically out of MV for a few years at this point.
Can't "Like" a post with those MV misfortunes, but good to see you posting.

Here's to better luck for ya!

MoparGuy00

Good lord, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's horrible. I want to apologize for asking seeing as its obviously brought up some really bad memories.

I wish there was something I could do this world doesn't have enough good people as it is. We just cant get enough good folks in this hobby. I want to wish you luck in finding a new spot to work on projects, we would love to see you back in action!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks