• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II Road trip FL to CA 2,668 miles

Stonepicker1

Well its time to go and pickup that 2000 CUCV-II Crew Cab that I won back in April.

Worked on my CUCV-II and Gooseneck Trailer all day.
I had to replace all the brakes on the trailer(replaced with complete kit, 4 each)and fix a bad ground wire on the lights.

I installed a 110 gallon transfer tank and tool box in the back of the truck also.

Looks like I will be taking I-95 to I-10 then maybe I-20 or I-40....not sure which is best.....I could stay on I-10 all the way. Mapquest shows about 39 hours non-stop/ 2,668 miles.

I have extra fuel/water/tools/food just in case. Tow-bar also.....lol

I have to be back to north Florida by Friday night on the 12th for work.

Attachments

SixSpeed

Banned
Best of luck on your trip! If I can possibly be of assistance along the way let me know. I'm taking a trip to Texas early next week, and MS later in the week if you need help on the road somewhere. Hopefully you won't need any! That is a lot of miles though. Again, best of luck!

ABN173

Phil,

Be safe out there, a lot of nuts on the road. I'd offer you a place to lay over at but pretty sure WA is not on the way and I will be gone to the sandbox soon anyways....just be careful out there.

-Dale

ryan77

Be safe nothing better then a road trip recovery! Those miles will fly by!!! Once you have that rig chained to the trailer!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standing by in OK and north TX if you take the northern route.

Have a safe trip and take ALOT of pictures.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Joe, do you still have the last 6" of a suburban out there? Phil might drive by? Hmmm, wheels a turning.

McCluskey

Just west of Barstow...truck is at 100dollarman place.
More south then west, Hesperia is quite a drive. Be extremely careful going through Victorville. I know the CHP out there and they are extremely strict about speed limits. And remember Calli has a 55 MPH limit when hauling a trailer. San Bernardino County guys are pretty strict to.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a fun run, Rout 66, is how I would go. Don't forget to pack a medical bag, if not for you could be for someone in need. All I have seen this month are wrecks up and down I-75 and I-69. Good luck.:beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Joe, do you still have the last 6" of a suburban out there? Phil might drive by? Hmmm, wheels a turning.
I still have it waiting on you...lol

Best if he picks it up on the return trip.

I might even be able to meet him somewhere in Texas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks