• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II Road trip FL to CA 2,668 miles

Stonepicker1

I was still getting water in my fuel filter and the truck was still running ruff, so I went ahead and droped the fuel tank. It had about 1/2 cup of water total in the tank. I cleaned the sock on the fuel pick-up tube( not that bad, but was dirty ) Put everything back together, added fresh fuel, cleaned and flushed the main filter housing, new filter, bleed all air out of the fuel system and cleared all the codes.

Took for a test ride and the same codes keep coming up. Water must of gotten into the injector pump.

I have a new injector pump that I will install in the morning. I will also be looking at installing another Fuel/Water Seperator before the main filter. This should stop this form being such a pain in the a**.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Pain in the back side is right. Do you have the means to set your offset learn?
Yes, I hooked the laptop up(running Auto Enginuity) and did the offset learn and cleared the codes. A few times the truck died after the offset was done.
I was thinking of disconnecting and reconnect the battery just to see what would happen.

ryan77

I know how that is with the wife im in the same boat i got the m1009 apart and the m1028a2 apart both are money pits and shes getting pissed!!!!!:deadhorse:

Stonepicker1

Before I replace the injector pump I thought I would try to see if draining the inside of the pump and cleaning the OP would work. I removed the top cover and sucked all the fuel out and blow compressed air in the housing to remove what was left.
Putting it back together right now...started to rain so taking a break for now.

If this doesn't work....replacing the pump.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

After working on the truck all day. It is fixed.

Replaced the injector pump and filter assy. Took it for a test drive and it now hauls a**.:D

No codes came up.:eek::eek::eek:
I now know that my fuel system from the tank to the injector pump is clean, clean, clean.

I'll be heading to CA Sunday night or early Monday morning.

Attachments

ryan77

Glad to here it, my old truck with the 6.5 had the throttle stick wide open so i had to do a pump not as bad as your nightmare though!! Soon it will be a dream when your hauling your treat home!!!!:beer:

ryan77

Best thing i ever did to my truck was the new ip pump and the remote pmd made all the difference! Had to sell the truck due to the wonderful illinois winters and salt ate the thing away!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Life will be good if I never have to touch another DS4 pump in my life. Have a safe trip Phil abd if you return via one of the northern routes, let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be safe out there on the road Phil. Keep us posted if you can, if not, txt me and I'll let everyone know.

TCUCV

just read your entire thread and you definitely have worked your tail off getting your truck on the road in such little time . . . hope your travels are safe. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ride

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got to Louisian. Stopping at rest area for a break.
Fuel is cheaper here §3.73 gal. Back home §3.95.
Sounds good! But I strongly caution that you fill up WAY BEFORE you get into California because gas stations along the interstate will bend you ever here--- BIG TIME!2cents

Good luck and Godspeed!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks