• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV2/CUCV-II Owners, post pics and info of your truck

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished restoring the CUCV II yesterday. Took longer than I expected but I am very happy with the final product. Definitely keeping this in my collection. I wanted a military vehicle that I can drive on the interstate all day long, and this fits the bill perfectly.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Finished restoring the CUCV II yesterday. Took longer than I expected but I am very happy with the final product. Definitely keeping this in my collection. I wanted a military vehicle that I can drive on the interstate all day long, and this fits the bill perfectly.
That is an absolutely excellent restoration. That product warrants an A+.

Outstanding.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with the Service Light selector in "ALL OFF" my reverse lights come on when in reverse. Is that normal?

If it isn't, it probably has to do with the obnoxious security system the prior owner installed

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pictures from the Graves Mountain Rally this weekend. We went offroading on some fire service roads

Attachments

Another Ahab

Some pictures from the Graves Mountain Rally this weekend. We went offroading on some fire service roads
Oh, Man, I was hoping to drop in on the Rally this year!

But fell off the thread or something, and everything's inside-out this year with the Covid anyway. Maybe I'll pull it off next year.

The weather looks like it was great. Was it hot up there?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friend of mine got his CUCV II delivered on Monday. Found it for him on another forum. Helped him convert it back to 24 volts. Turns out that the 6.5 diesel and 5.7 gas cucv models 24v systems are wired the same.
Never knew the CUCV II Tahoe came with 6.5 power, thought they were always 5.7.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up another CUCVII Tahoe today. Not only are these both exceptionally rare, but these two have SEQUENTIAL V.I.N.s and military registration numbers. This new one was an Air Force Security Forces vehicle. It will be restored to a military 3-part camoflage paint job and turned into an Army Military Police vehicle.

Dubbed the "Brothers in Arms", they will stay together in my collection. Both of them have almost identical options from the factory. 5.7 Vortec gas engines and 24v military start, and blackout light systems.

Attachments

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that coincidence totally random?

Or did you plan it, meaning purchased from the same source or something else similar?
Friend of mine bought the new CUCVII from an auction, when they took a picture of the data tag we found out the numbers were sequential. They changed their mind on what they wanted to do with the vehicle and sold it to me.

dougco1

Picked up another CUCVII Tahoe today. Not only are these both exceptionally rare, but these two have SEQUENTIAL V.I.N.s and military registration numbers. This new one was an Air Force Security Forces vehicle. It will be restored to a military 3-part camoflage paint job and turned into an Army Military Police vehicle.

Dubbed the "Brothers in Arms", they will stay together in my collection. Both of them have almost identical options from the factory. 5.7 Vortec gas engines and 24v military start, and blackout light systems.
Post # 84 request still stands and post # 85 reminder of your response.

I'll head down next week to pick it up.:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks