• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current " FL Title " wait times from GovPlanet

Feal318000

does anyone know the status of fl titles? i won a m1078 april 6, and paid for a fl title (and the truck)april 7, and am coming up quickly on the 6 week wait time. Is Govplanet no longer able to get fl titles??? im sweating, after reading the last couple comments in this thread. :-(

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received a title reassignment and was able to use that to get a title with no issue. Unfortunately it cost me about $100 at the DMV. I was under the impression that FL residents were supposed to receive a FL title already in our name. I contacted Jwade and he confirmed I should have received the FL title in my name. He looked into the situation and I received a refund for the extra fee I had to pay to transfer the title. If you have any issues you can't get resolved to your satisfaction PM him and he may be able to help.
Ray did you buy a HUMMVE

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does anyone know the status of fl titles? i won a m1078 april 6, and paid for a fl title (and the truck)april 7, and am coming up quickly on the 6 week wait time. Is Govplanet no longer able to get fl titles??? im sweating, after reading the last couple comments in this thread. :-(
Well, I had a trailer about a week ahead of you and nothing yet... I'm not gonna worry till June.

Feal318000

so i called g planet, and was informed that fl is not giving out Humvee titles anymore.....:-( and that current wait times for on road titles is averaging 8 weeks- not the advertised 4-6.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
so i called g planet, and was informed that fl is not giving out Humvee titles anymore.....:-( and that current wait times for on road titles is averaging 8 weeks- not the advertised 4-6.
Who did you speak to? That is inaccurate unless its a Humvee? A normal title I am getting out on average of 4 weeks..

DanM7890

Govplanet/ironplanet does not issue road titles for Humvees let's be clear. At one point they offered a FL "off highway use" title only but has recently stopped. Currently all you can get for that is an SF-97 with dealer reassignment.

If it's a non-HMMWV vehicle than yes, a normal road legal title will take around 6-8 weeks.

Just want to make sure everyone is clear, esp the people that view this thread in the future.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who did you speak to? That is inaccurate unless its a Humvee? A normal title I am getting out on average of 4 weeks..
Well, it's been 6 weeks so far for a trailer... So this will pretty much ensure it's waiting when I get home tonight. :)

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Well, it's been 6 weeks so far for a trailer... So this will pretty much ensure it's waiting when I get home tonight. :)
Absolutely! Pm me the item number let me check. We did have a batch that got caught up in BC for 3 weeks that did put us behind. But we are working through them as quick as we can.

Feal318000

monday i called and spoke with jake- very nice and he did try to get the status of the title-he recommended- plan on a 8 week wait time

dk8019

I live in VA, so apparently a SF-97 is no go. I just PM'd Jwade on this topic. I received a FL title for the HEMTT last time, but on my HEMAT trailer and the most recent HMMWV I'm not sure what will happen!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
So I just got my first batch of off-road Montana HV titles. Its close to 300 so I am working on getting them signed over and out to the buyers. Hopefully people will start receiving them this week! its been a painful undertaking...

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jwade, can you tell us more about the Montana titles? When you say you are getting them signed over, it sounds as though they are issued by the State to GP and then you are doing a dealer assignment to the buyer? Does it have a section for addition transfers, and do you have to be a dealer to reassign it to someone else? Or is the Montana title issued in the name of the buyer? (I picked up my M1038 in NC about a month ago, and paid for Florida Title, which I suppose will be MT now.)

I was talking with my County Clerk here in Kentucky today about getting my off-road title soon; she mentioned that a letter was issued to all of the County Clerks by the State Div. of Motor Vehicle Licensing. As of May 17, 2016, the Commonwealth of Kentucky "is not titling OR registering these vehicles (HUMVEES) for individual use". We made a call to Frankfort and they confirmed that not even off-road titles will be issued. If the MT title cannot be converted into a KY off-road title, then maybe it is better to just get the SF-97 and bill of sale? If I wanted to sell it at some point, I would then just make another Bill of Sale and pass along the SF-97?

It sounds as though bringing a HMMWV into KY with either an on-road or off-road title from another state could be a problem if you want a title or registration...the DMV letter says "HUMVEES are designated as OFF-ROAD vehicles and as such cannot be registered." If anyone is thinking of that, you might want to check into it first to avoid disappointment.

Thanks, Chris

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jwade, can you tell us more about the Montana titles? When you say you are getting them signed over, it sounds as though they are issued by the State to GP and then you are doing a dealer assignment to the buyer? Does it have a section for addition transfers, and do you have to be a dealer to reassign it to someone else? Or is the Montana title issued in the name of the buyer? (I picked up my M1038 in NC about a month ago, and paid for Florida Title, which I suppose will be MT now.)

I was talking with my County Clerk here in Kentucky today about getting my off-road title soon; she mentioned that a letter was issued to all of the County Clerks by the State Div. of Motor Vehicle Licensing. As of May 17, 2016, the Commonwealth of Kentucky "is not titling OR registering these vehicles (HUMVEES) for individual use". We made a call to Frankfort and they confirmed that not even off-road titles will be issued. If the MT title cannot be converted into a KY off-road title, then maybe it is better to just get the SF-97 and bill of sale? If I wanted to sell it at some point, I would then just make another Bill of Sale and pass along the SF-97?

It sounds as though bringing a HMMWV into KY with either an on-road or off-road title from another state could be a problem if you want a title or registration...the DMV letter says "HUMVEES are designated as OFF-ROAD vehicles and as such cannot be registered." If anyone is thinking of that, you might want to check into it first to avoid disappointment.

Thanks, Chris
Keep in mind the SF-97 is non transferable.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Good Morning Jwade.... has there been any update on this subject? (FL titles)
As far as FL goes on HV titles they are still not issuing them. Other than as parade use only. We moved our HV titles to MT.

My best advice is you are in FL is to start getting you local lawmakers involved

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks