• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton, OH to Michigan or Wisconsin

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camp9 / Bob H,

I met the gimp and swbradly1 at the rally, I went to the place in Dayton and could only pick up 2 tow bars on my way home. The 2 guys were still at the Rally and Swbradley1's brother could not make it there th load the 6.2 in the can with the tractor. I was impressed with the can. Looked like it has not been opened since the rebuild. I will be going to the UP next weekend for a reception. PM the address and contact info and I will make sure you both get your new toys by the end of the month.[thumbzup]

camp9

Not a problem, I know how it goes. Appriciate you getting the tow bars. I'll pm you the address. Plan on getting some wine to take to your reception. :beer:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed the reception 2 weeks ago. I have been busy. I am going to drop off BobH on Saturday 10am, then off to Andy's in the UP. I just saw online they got 2' of snow. This will be a fun Saturday. I like to drive snow.

camp9

Alright!! Thanks Bob, looking forward to meeting Don. Just a FYI for anyone going to Wright-Pat, I still have my 6.2 down there, and I bought another on last weeks sale, so two to come north if anyone is down that way and can help out. I'll let you know when he gets here. :)

Camp

camp9

Don made it up with the tow bars. Only problem he had was his GPS look him about a mile past our place. He managed to find his way back. Great meeting you and putting a face to the avatar, and thanks much for bringing the bars up. He looked around at our green stuff and ended up liking a M101 I had, so he took it back with him.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Thanks IGD!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a good experience yesterday leaving @ 6am to go to BobH in the Huron National Forest to drop off a set of Tow Bars then off to Camp9 in the upper peninsula to drop off the other pair of tow bars. BobH and Andy both are good men with good family ethics also bitten by the green bug. I was glad I went on that trip to meet my fellow Michigan members I would have never met mainly from the distance.

When I left Andy's house not 2 miles down the road a Doe decided to play chicken. The Doe lost. I threw it in the back of the truck, went to a quarter wash in Cadillac, gutted it in the truck and spray washed the blood away. Took it home strung her up and did the normal slice and dice. I decided to do the Burger on this one. I ended up with 32 lbs of ground venison. I guess you can say I have fun where ever I go.

The pictures are of the Mackinaw Bridge, the water and the Doe. The woman in the picture is Barb my neighbor across the lake. She went along for the ride. I guess this thread is closed now with a happy ending all around. Peace out..!

Attachments

Last edited:

camp9

Glad to hear you made it home safe. bummer about the deer, you should of came back and gutted it here. At least you made it home safe and got some Yooper speed beef at the same time. Our oldest son hit one probably about the same spot last year. The brush guard and that winch keep the damage at bay?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I had no damage at all, I steered the winch right for it's head. It worked out well.

After all the highway signs do say " DO NOT VEER FOR DEER" I say unless you want to add to the freezer.

Have a good holiday. Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks