• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton to Michigan

camp9

Now that I got my tow bars out of Ohio, I thought I better start a new thread. I have two 6.2 motors in a can that I need to have brought north. I'm not looking to have it hauled all the way to the UP, but anyplace north would be closer and easier for me to pick up. Anyone that can help out PM me. I'm more than willing to pay or trade for the help. :driver:

Camp

camp9

I bought two more 6.2's in a can at Wright-Pat, so now I have a total of 4 down at SWBradleys. I think I have enough parts now for my cucv's. If anyone has room for even one to get back north somewhere in lower Michigan it will be a help. Thanks much,

Camp

MatthewH

Andy,
I'll be down in the Techumse/Dundee area around Christmas time for family get togeather. When I get an exact date, I'll let you know. Pending the can size, I may be able to haul all 4 cans, 2 on the truck, and 2 on the trailer. Do you know how wide/long the cans are?

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well on my way back from NC, I didnt roll back through ohio until about midnight and my route didnt take me through dayton. Now that you picked up two more Im kinda of glad I didnt pick them up. I can make a trip down there to pick up all 4. It would be nice if I had somthing to take down there, Then get the cans on the way back but I can still get them either way.

Im about 20 minutes away from Dundee...

Last edited:

5tonKalen

Hey I am a newbie on the forum, I am buying my first military truck this weekend but I've always been in the jeep world. I live in Dayton and I might be up your way. When do you need them by, I wouldn't mind taking a road trip in my "new" 5 ton!!!! -Kalen-

camp9

Hey I am a newbie on the forum, I am buying my first military truck this weekend but I've always been in the jeep world. I live in Dayton and I might be up your way. When do you need them by, I wouldn't mind taking a road trip in my "new" 5 ton!!!! -Kalen-
Welcome to the site Kalen. I have no hurry on my end, but I would like to get them out of SWBradleys place before his neighbors turn him in for starting a junk yard :-D I don't think you realize how far away I live from you. But if you feel like making a short road trip I have two places in southern michigan that you could take them to. PM me if your interested and we'll figure it out.

Camp

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, I am willing to hold on to them as well. No problem here. My neighbors would not even think of turning me in for a junk yard.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2-3 hours, 6 hours round trip.Been there done that. To pick all 4 would need a trailer and a pick up. I saw your cans. Not heavy just bulky. Need a forklift or the back hoe to load.

BTW I just had nerf bars installed on the truck I had at your place. Now I have a step for the pick up. Need that with wet feet,lol

camp9

2-3 hours, 6 hours round trip.Been there done that. To pick all 4 would need a trailer and a pick up. I saw your cans. Not heavy just bulky. Need a forklift or the back hoe to load.

BTW I just had nerf bars installed on the truck I had at your place. Now I have a step for the pick up. Need that with wet feet,lol
Do you have a pic of that? Jan is short and I need to do the same thing.

camp9

I didn't mean you can go get it cause your so close, I just was curious on the distance in case someone could get it to your place. Our daughter in Charlotte is moving to a new house, and if all goes well on their end we'll be going down to help them move mid december.

wardepartment

Howdy camp9, I could offer a part way drop point in Battle Creek just off I-94. I have loading capabilities and such. My daughter lives in Boyne City / Petoskey area so I could get them either as far as Mathew H's place or thereabouts sometime this winter. Or hold them in a safe locale until you make the trek to Charlotte. I don't plan on a trip that far south any time soon, but if I can be of help at this general latitude I would be willing to lend a hand.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wardepartment is Battle Creek, Thats just off I-69 and I-94 go 20 miles north on 69 and your in Charlotte that would get it to your daughters at least. But they have to have a way to unload then reload. Does her husband have a kabota at least..? The Gimp said 1,200 lbs each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks