• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, not missing a part, and bent the fuel line to fit where it's supposed to go... batteries are now charging (mystery electrical drain somewhere in the system). might be able to try to re-start tomorrow.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I confirmed with Blake for the BBQ on Friday night for 20 people. Didn't hear that there would be more than that, so if you are on the fence let me know! Last thing I want to do is run out of food. I'm sure there will be some last minute changes, but I'd like to have the best info possible. I hate to say last call, buuuuuuuuttttttt - Last Call for BBQ and Convoy !

Another Ahab

Well I confirmed with Blake for the BBQ on Friday night for 20 people. Didn't hear that there would be more than that, so if you are on the fence let me know! Last thing I want to do is run out of food. I'm sure there will be some last minute changes, but I'd like to have the best info possible. I hate to say last call, buuuuuuuuttttttt - Last Call for BBQ and Convoy !

:drool::drool::drool:

Thunderbird712

Happy to find this thread regarding the Denton show as my father and I will be heading down to the show. A lot of good information for newbies to the show. We will be bringing a 1942 GPW. Look forward to meeting all the people and seeing all the vehicles.

TJ

wilfreeman

Happy to find this thread regarding the Denton show as my father and I will be heading down to the show. A lot of good information for newbies to the show. We will be bringing a 1942 GPW. Look forward to meeting all the people and seeing all the vehicles.

TJ
Definitely WELCOME, TJ! Glad to have you here (on SS) and in Denton. Catch up with me or Wheelspinner (Pat) when you get there and we'll get you both hooked up.

CJ9/Granny

I am a bit gun-shy when it comes to advance planning, but here goes..... I plan on coming this year, and my son is coming with me. My wife says she is going to stay home and enjoy some peace & quiet. This causes me some concern as I always thought I was the one who needed peace & quiet. Anyway, put us (2) down for vittles for the weekend.

I have not read every post... cane we come in on Thursday afternoon/evening?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is who I found on here for the convoy and BBQ :
Me 923
Gametender M35A2c
FordMechanic (2) 923
Butch 944/SEE
willfreeman M38A1
bikeman M38
ranger.41 M37
Abdyrv6av8or (2) M923
michigandon M38A1
Andmorr (2) 930
BELinNC SEE
1985Mustanggt50 (2) ??
coffey1 (2) 923
CBR Metalworks (4) ???
oxyacetelyne (2) 1078
Ferro (drop in)

IF I MISSED ANYONE LET ME KNOW!!!!

I count 24 folks and 17 trucks. A lot of green iron for sure!!!!

Lets all pray for nice weather and safe travels. Can't wait to see everyone.

Pat

I've been working on the M920 getting it ready. Just drove to the gas station and put $190 ($2.79/gal) of diesel in it, still didn't fill it up but it's close! I've now got all lights working except the clearance lights on the cab and turn signals, probably not going to fool with them as I will have someone following me down and back (since I will be swapping a Freightliner cab on soon). Still have to bolt a deuce bed on the back and put my S280 in it to sleep in, then tear the shelves out of the S280. I ALSO have to put some new air lines on my new trailer and either find some ramps or build some ramps for it. A lot to do between now and then, but the truck was running good today and yesterday so that makes me feel better.

wilfreeman

Yeah, that will be a decent convoy - I'm sure a few people will pull over to watch. I'll be driving the deuce.

My list isn't anywhere near as bad as CBR's. Mostly just checking stuff out. I have to bleed the brakes (on the deuce and Jeep), change driver side boot, rotate a couple of tires to try to move a bouncy tire to the back, go fill up with fuel, load a bunch of deuce tires/rims, load a few other items I have sold and figure out a trailer light problem. Got to decide on sleeping and eating arrangements.

michigandon

I need to replace a faulty electric radiator fan and get the van cleaned out inside. Planning on sleeping in the van, not unlike I've done numerous other times.

Pat,

my friend said his daughter and her boyfriend may come for the weekend and to the BBQ as well. There is probably no way of knowing if that is a definite or not though.

I also need to get the jake brake hooked back up on my truck, AND bolt a passenger seat in it, AND put a new section of exhaust on it, going to go get a 10' section of 5" exhaust pipe tomorrow, just going to be a turn-down under the bed.