• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce gun rack in cab

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an interesting muzzle down mount. Though it makes sense - Safest direction for a bullet to go in a cab should be straight down into the ground. Pointing up could go into overhead storage, hit a bird (chopper), or fly somewhere else you don't want lead to go.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have seen a pic of one mounted muzzle up just to the right of the instument panel with a standard military gun rack like the ones in the M1008/m1009. I have no idea if that is the official location though.

Jetnoise400

It shows a diagram of the double mount in the -10 TM. That's the one that mounts between the instrument panel and the glove box, muzzle up.

Towman2277

I would think it would be safer for it to fire up then down, am I wrong?? The metal below is thicker, and could cause a bullet to return towards the cab...if not in it??

MrAugust

kool, as at shows its gun on seat, n thanks more info will do the job.... i like idea... but i have a stevens 67 in cab to..... shot gun....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like the rifle rack on the dash, to the left of the glovebox....but I don't know when it came into being and like one of the guys said above, he had never seen one when he was in.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps thats why all the kits are in surplus? LOL All kidding aside, I've got trucks from Uncle with a single mount in the same locaton as the frst pic as well as in each cab corner behnd the corner of the seat. Never got one with the dual mount off the dash. As a side note though, the top mount in a dual mount is a great place for a drink holder. A piece of smaller PVC in that mount with a bell adapter to a piece of 4" makes a great place for the cold (or hot) beverage.

Jones

Cab for the baby HEMTT project was an ex-LVS cab. It's rifle mounts are; one on each door with muzzles up and one across the backside of the cab radiator housing with muzzle pointing towards the driver side.
In the first few moments of a surprise assault on one's position there's often a scramble to get armament unlimbered and pointed in the direction you want to fire. No way I'm gonna mount a weapon where I have to twirl it like a baton or saw it back and forth to get it nosed out a door or window. Or be happy with my buddy swinging past me with the muzzle of a loaded, charged and probably unsafed weapon. Yeah, I know it happens; it's results are called "friendly fire".

jasonjc

OK a few pionts to clear up in the frist pic's note its hanging on the windsheild adjuster wing nut. And when in a time and place of unfrendlys they were usly out the window to start with. I remember driving throught downtown Port A Prince in HUMVE with the weapon resting on the side mirrror.

67Beast

I have a single mounted to the dash just left of the glove box on my deuce. I bought a duel kit when I was restoring my 715 just to get one set up out for a commanders set up on the dash of the 715. So when I got my deuce I had the extra one laying around and mounted it straight to the dash and trans hump.

MrAugust

my m715 has gun rack behind each seat, and what looks lire a proper snipers rifel rack by pass seat....

i notice you got the 8 ball gear knob too i have on my M35 and Kaiser.... its all good fun.....

67Beast

MrAugust said:
my m715 has gun rack behind each seat, and what looks lire a proper snipers rifel rack by pass seat....

i notice you got the 8 ball gear knob too i have on my M35 and Kaiser.... its all good fun.....
I had to remove the mount from behind the drivers seat, because I had to move the seat back 3" so that I could fit behind the wheel. I'm 6'3" and my legs would not fit under the wheel until I moved the seat back. So I decided to do the commanders mount from the TM as a place to show my weapon.

MrAugust

kool... im not that tall.. 5 10.... so its not to bad... do you have some racks of some sorts behind passengers seat? i think its for the cab or roof bows, iv got tm some ware but forgot what it is.... like you do.....