• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorJerry

My problem exactly apparently these things scare the **** outta the insurance companies... really frustrating to get 6 different answers from the same company such as Dont insure, will insure all of your vehicles, will only insure if commercial, too heavy, drive too much that sorta thing lol Im making myself sick over this.

JOECOOL48

Is that a month or 6 months? My State farm is $137 for 6 months. I am going to have to go talk to my agent if your is $71 for 6 months.
1999 M35A3 w/ 109 box
commercial 12 ft box truck, comprehensive/collision $1000 deductable
$71
State Farm Commercial Vehicles
AZ
multi-car= yes, restrictions= no, storage requirements= no.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the proof for other cars. Also had to carry at least the same liability as other cars. No restrictions but then I don't drive my trucks that much so it wouldn't matter anyway.

welldigger

Don't be scared of a commercial policy. Also find an insurance agent who deals with heavy trucks. For example I have a commercial liability policy through progressive. But not every progressive agent deals with commercial type trucks. And my premium is around 600 a year. I kinda went through a bit of a fiasco with my truck. State farm said no even though there was a state farm card in the glove box from the previous owner. Also I found another local individual who has a deuce and he has state farm. Go figure.

SailorJerry

Thanks for the advice first thing Monday morning I will try the commercial route, tried that with progressive they said in the state of FL it does not allow a commercial policy for non commercial use. Probably just another flake agent who is throwing just random jargon around to prevent giving a quote. One thing he did help with was to email me a list of quite a few local random insurance agencies that might be able to help so I will try that as well.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my Deuce insured as a commercial policy with State Farm. The cost was about $600 a year; the same as I pay for full coverage for my F350. I changed to Gulfway for all my MVs and after reading through the policy, I don't see any of the restrictions listed and it is a commercial policy.

The primary limiting factor for me is FL limits the use of vehicles that have a permanent antique tag. With that said, I have used my Deuce to go to Home Depot and haul stuff. YMMV

SailorJerry

I was wondering about the Antique plates I didnt realize there were restrictions on the plate as well. Is it about the same as what the insurances companies are saying as far as mileage and such.

Ford Mechanic

Had to have a seperate small bisness policy for mine due to the weight (what I was told). Insured by Farm Bureau to #16000, liability only is $35.00 a month or $420 a year. About 5 bucks more a month than the beater ranger we got rid of just before buying it. No points, tickets, or accidents on our record.

Old Duece

1969 m35a2 insured though state farm for 332 every 6 months liabilty, in michigan. I had to go through the hoops so to speak finding insurance but the trick i found was to find someone, that is young enough and can google what an m35 is lol.

SailorJerry

So I may have got lucky some random agent I found was able to write a policy at about 800 for six months and although this is a spit in the face to all the 300 a year quotes I have seen on here.... I will take what I can get!! Also three hours after this quote State farm had the nerve to call me back and tell me they are able to write a policy on it for a mere 4000 a year which is about triple what I pay for for homeowners insurance. But all I can say is phew!! its finally over now I will be able to pick up my dream ride this week. Thanks to all for the help.

welldigger

So I may have got lucky some random agent I found was able to write a policy at about 800 for six months and although this is a spit in the face to all the 300 a year quotes I have seen on here.... I will take what I can get!! Also three hours after this quote State farm had the nerve to call me back and tell me they are able to write a policy on it for a mere 4000 a year which is about triple what I pay for for homeowners insurance. But all I can say is phew!! its finally over now I will be able to pick up my dream ride this week. Thanks to all for the help.
I wouldn't be surprised if you get a refund check in the mail. My state farm agent is bad at over quoting me on my other policies. Funny thing is they are still cheaper than everyone else even when they do over quote. I sure wish they would cover my deuce. :mad:

K9 44

Has anyone with State Farm been told that the vehicle needs to be fully restored in order to qualify for the Commercial antique or classic personal use policy? I live in California and have been quoted $56/month for liability only on a standard commercial policy and $17/month on the commercial antique or classic if I can provide pictures of my M109A3 fully restored.

Katahdin

Welcome to Steel Soldiers K9 44! You should fill in your home City and State under your profile before you get spoken to by the moderators.

I have a State Farm commercial policy on my 66' M109A3, my policy is only $23/month and its not the cheaper antique auto policy they offered. In any event, the agent did drive over to my house to take pictures of my 109 in its original unrestored state (faded 1980s camo, some rust, missing a van window, etc). I did not pursue the antique auto policy because I knew I wanted to go camping, haul cargo, and tow stuff with it and was up front with the agent about those requirements.

I'm a little surprised at your insurance quotes, but perhaps 109s cost more to acquire and replace out in CA than here. In any event, State Farm got their pictures and I've updated them with newer ones as I've progressed with my restoration. I think my 109 is also insured for its replacement value and the agent was interested in having the updated pictures. I'll review my insurance docs when I get home and if anything else is worth noting I'll follow up here.

K9 44

Thanks for the welcome Katahdin. I was surprised by the quote as well. Especially since I have no tickets or accidents and the quote was for liability only so repair cost for the M109A3 shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks