• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce muffler option

ShawnIfert

Here is a pic of the m35a3 intake installed. Just remove the old intake filter housing and cut the access door shorter. Buy adapters, elbow, 45, some clamps and a piece of aluminum pipe.
image.jpg

ShawnIfert

A lot more CFM of air is the main thing. It moves the filter housing from the engine bay and gives you more room to work on the engine. It make less noise because of it location outside of the engine bay. It takes in air about two feet higher than the stock cleaner and has turbulators to drop the dust from the air and has a purge system when used with the a3 muffler. It is easy to install, almost bolt on.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot more CFM of air is the main thing. It moves the filter housing from the engine bay and gives you more room to work on the engine. It make less noise because of it location outside of the engine bay. It takes in air about two feet higher than the stock cleaner and has turbulators to drop the dust from the air and has a purge system when used with the a3 muffler. It is easy to install, almost bolt on.
How much air does it flow?

yolner

Cool. One more thing to add to my upgrade list!

ShawnIfert

If you have any questions about my mods or on the m35a2 just ask. I have rebuilt mine from front to back down to the wiring and of the wiring is new. I have put a dump hoist kit in it, Stereo with a 400 watt amp and so on. We are here to share info!!

rustystud

so have you did the mod with the exhaust?
I haven't finished the exhaust part yet. I just have a cap on the filter housing for now. To many projects going on, and too old to finish them all !
Truth be told, I forgot about finishing the exhaust clean-out part of the filter. Now that my shop is almost finished I should fab-up a tube and weld it to the muffler.

ShawnIfert

I haven't finished the exhaust part yet. I just have a cap on the filter housing for now. To many projects going on, and too old to finish them all !
Truth be told, I forgot about finishing the exhaust clean-out part of the filter. Now that my shop is almost finished I should fab-up a tube and weld it to the muffler.
Cool. I just wanted others to know. It is a simple mod with available parts. It looks good and it is clean. Most just scab some crap on there and it looks like crap.

ShawnIfert

Cool. I just wanted others to know. It is a simple mod with available parts. It looks good and it is clean. Most just scab some crap on there and it looks like crap.
Information is hard to find on this site, you really need to look. But we are here to help the young guys more forward and do it correctly.
I do thank you for your help in the past. This is a team effort. I am still working on my truck too. LOL
My brother calls it the brand new 1971 M35A2. lol
I did convert my engine to a LDS. But my trucks engine was put in new in 1989 so it is the best one. I have a post on how i did the mods. It is not cheap. I should put a 5.9 in it.LOL

rustystud

Information is hard to find on this site, you really need to look. But we are here to help the young guys more forward and do it correctly.
I do thank you for your help in the past. This is a team effort. I am still working on my truck too. LOL
My brother calls it the brand new 1971 M35A2. lol
I did convert my engine to a LDS. But my trucks engine was put in new in 1989 so it is the best one. I have a post on how i did the mods. It is not cheap. I should put a 5.9 in it.LOL
If I had the money, I would put a DuraMax L5P with Allison transmission in mine. 500 HP with almost 500 Ibs of torque would make my Deuce sit-up and dance !
Last time I checked though a DuraMax LML (not a L5P) cost over $8,000.00 used !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks