• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce on a rollback

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No federal vehicle height limit is imposed. State standards range from 13.6 feet to 14.6 feet.

Ripcord01

When I sold mine the Gentleman picked it up with a rollback. I laughed but he pulled it up with no problems. locked it down and rolled off. No problems. I guess it depends on the driver and equipment.

A

A/C Cages

Well I had a roll back with part of my duece on it. Was the easiest way to take my 109 off and put it on the ground but I used a crane to put it back on it.

Attachments

spicergear

I had one hauled on at Freightliner tandem axle rollback. Truck had cargo bows and full canvas. The guy was allowed something like 110" off the deck and we were under...barely if I recall correctly. Problem was you're so close to the overpass that there's a tremendous amout of air pressure on the canvas at the overpasses. 70mph doesn't help either...IF you're hauling one with full canvas, I'd recommend pulling it off for the trip.

m816

rollback

A friend of mine hauled a M211 for me with his roll back. It is a Ford tandem with a GVWR of 70,000 lbs. Only damage to the deuce was to the exhaust stack. Smacked a overhanging branch. Handled the load like a small car. and we had no trouble loading or unloading it ( non running deuce) Just had to watch the height. This is not the toy type rollback.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks