• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce on a rollback

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet almost every full cab MV will be over height when on a rollback.

A

A/C Cages

I bet one of them Japan motorcycle towtrucks wouldnt be able to haul it. But I have seen one of them hook up to a cop car and haul it off.

DEMON

As others have said, depends entirely on the size of the truck. Theres a Peterbilt tri-drive rollback at the cat rental store near where I used to work.

It's funny people immediately think automotive when questions come up. That Pete has an 80,000lb gvwr IIRC.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

parked next to my crew cab longbed duramax silverado they are pretty much the same length so as in the pictures i would see them fitting, the only problem you would run into is alot of 13'6" overpass and bridge hights. On top of that bed with the height of the deuce is gonna put you over 14'

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine(post#5) was under 13'-6".

Really? I was figuring deuce at about 10.5ft tall, rollbacks i was thinking we something like 40" tall a little lower than dock height. I know when i sold my backhoe and i helped them load it up on a rollback we had to extened the tow bar out and chain the bucket to it t get under 13'6". With the boom pinned up it was 10'8". I guess ive never really measured the deuce.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Positively. I posted/asked the truck height before planning the recovery(also looked at the TM dimensions). Also measured the rollback ahead of time. Also measured the loaded truck to confirm it was OK.

We drove down the Interstate where there are multiple bridges that get hit often. I wanted to be sure we did not.;-)

iirc, it was 13'-4"

13'4" is too close for comfort for me haha. One bounce or a little body roll can make a up a couple inches. I guess the driver could have deflated the tires if he was worried about the clearence. Ive seen traffic lights taken off with excavater booms, and ive had over head lines touch some of my trucks and had to back sometimes a half mile down a road to re-route.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
13-6 is max height here.

A

A/C Cages

Many overpasses in Fl say that they are 13-6 but in reality they are 14 foot even. Giving them 6 inches of oops factor.

Ive seen alot of overpass where that clearence is only valid for the left lane (where trucks shouldnt be traveling) and there is alot of paint missing from them.

i deliver to alot of places in PA one location is in the middle of 5 bridges under 12ft one of which is only 10'0". i have to drive 20 miles out of the way to get to it. Brentagg Northeasts (one of the largest chemical suppliers in the US) adress is West Huller Lane in Reading, PA. there are two overpasses at each end of that rd, one at 11ft, the other 7'4". They actually just own the entire corner so they made a main entrance onto the main rd which i cant think of right now. but its pretty scary thinking how many people gps to that adress, i know i did the first time but saw the clearence warning.

Stalwart

Out here 13'6" is normal max but the overpasses are usually 15+++ and a great many are so high they don't bother labeling them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks