• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce pick up GSA lot San antonio

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So the lift pump just isn't working cause the batts are dead? Just seeing if I need to bring one with me. I know things will be busy with the holidays, let me know what you find, thanks again.

Barrman

With my Whistler running 10 feet away on one side and a 6.2 clanking away on the other. I was not able to hear the lift pump. I will play with it and let you know what I find.

What kind of rental car are you guys bringing? I have visions of the rear bumper dragging for 1200 miles because of all the parts in the trunk of some economy car.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did this deuce have a solargiser? Any seat covers? I took a look at this deuce back in march, just like to triple check. She cranked back in march.

Barrman

Didn't see a solar charger. Where was it on the truck?

Yes, the seat covers were good. The seat pads are all loose and were in a pile on the floor when we got to my place, but they look good.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't see a solar charger. Where was it on the truck?

Yes, the seat covers were good. The seat pads are all loose and were in a pile on the floor when we got to my place, but they look good.
When I was there it was mounted on the hood in front of the passenger side windshield. Also the driver seat had a camo seat cover, was interesting, but the clear "mustang" marking on the corner of the doors gives it away.

Barrman

Ok, I got in the truck to actually look at it last night compared to trying to make it start and drag 130 miles. No solar charger, bad passenger seat bottom cover and a box seat bottom for the drivers spring seat. Great cover, just doesn't fit. Which is why I had to pick it up off the floor when I got home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wife and I got the Gauges all fixed painted and cleaned up tonight. She took them all apart and sanded. I painted and put it all back together.
Thats funny! $500 gauge panel on a $50 truck. Reminds me of the $4000 set of 26" bling rims on the $100 Buick Regal.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, I figured it was you that sniped me! Oh well, friends are friends but business is business!

Barrman

If you guys take US-59 from Texarkana to Marshall, TX-43 to Henderson, US-79 to Jewett, FM39 to North Zulch and then TX-21 to San Marcos where it meets I-35. You will save about 100 miles, 1 hour and go about 8 miles from my house on your way down. You will also go within about 1 mile of Fuzzy, Pistolnut, 40Grit, Nofearnohope and probably a few others.

The I-30 and I-35 route you listed is high speed and easy. It takes me 5-6 hours no matter what way I go from my house to Texarkana and I go your proposed route when I have a trailer just because I can set the cruise and just go without thinking or worry about local speed zones.

However, if you wanted to get the GSA truck so you can leave direct from SA. This might be a good option. If you were planning on me being a maintenance staging area for both trucks, which you are more than welcome to do, then go your way.

Westech

CPL
The plan is to get the GL deuce first and head north to your place then start making our way home from there.
(Times my change to one day sooner if we don't get too messed up on New years)

Jan 3rd.... leave Madison WI and go to OH (Gimps) Drop off CUCV and spend the night.
Jan 4th.... leave OH and drive straight to San Antonio TX.
Jan 5th.... arrive at San Antonio TX and meet Joe for 1st Deuce pick up. Make our way to Barrman's house to pick up 2ed deuce. Find a place to spend the night.
Jan 6th..... Drive to Oklahoma City, OK (or more north depends on how the trip is going) and spend night.
Jan 7th ..... leave the OK city area and head north on I35 to Topeka KS Spend the night.
Jan 8th ..... leave Topeka and head north to Iowa (may stop for night or push to home the last 600 miles)
Jan 9th .....Recovery and or last small drive to home and recovery day.
Jan 10th .... up to Gimp from that point after.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks