• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Towbar Instruction Decals

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, I hope this is the right thread for this........................ since this seems to be the "towbar detailing thread".

Now that Polverone has made these outstanding stickers (I bought a few sets and they are gorgeous) what can we do about the ink stamps on the towbars?

When I paint my bar, I'd like to replicate these ink stamps (see attached pics below-Courtesy of Stonepicker1).

Attachments

A long time away and I do miss my OD fix and friends here.

As noticed in this thread I tried to make the Tow Bar decals as close to original as possible.

Through much back and forth and help from fellow SS members I have the NSN # of the tow bar for the Deuce as "NSN 4910-01-365-9304".

A question has come up from an ebay buyer (where I sell these) as to a different NSN #.
The buyer has requested a NSN # - "NSN 4910-00-433-7094"
Through a Google search I found that this is indeed a NSN for Vehicle Tow Bar Universal. :?:

My question, "Is this a different classification of tow bar for a different vehicle other than the Deuce?"
My search also mentioned that this other number requested may be a newer replacement NSN.

While we are at it, is there a similar decal on the 5 ton+ heavy duty towbars? If so, if there is any pictures available I would sure appreciate it.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hey Will? We going to Fontana soon? Miss ya'all.

Hi Mike,
I haven't forgot that beer I promised you when I get back up to the Northwest around the Kelso-Longview area. I just wish I could have made it up there before Big Mike moved back down here. Need to visit Reuben (Big Elk?) in Oregon too.

They are $10.75 for the 2 decal set.

Go to my eBay store here: Left Coast Design

Go to the Military Vehicles section and you will find them there along with a description.

emr

Im my experience, I have seen a dozen BIG tow bars and none had decals, and were newly factory painted, the medium heavys we are useing these stickers on are for a 5 ton and under fyi, that i am sure was not the question, but saying it anyway, The big towbars we are seeing are hemmitt tow bars in my eyes opinion, , that is what i am seeing them on, and of course armoured vehicles also, But never seen a decal on em, if anyone has ends that connect the BIG heavy tow bar to a standard M series truck, i am willing to shell out some dough for them, They are rare, but out there somewhere..., I have never seen a sticker on the medium light tow bar, but would love to get some, AND THANKS! I finally got 2 of my tow bars painted up with the decals i got last years, and they are so sweet, i made very special hangers so not to scratch em, and keep another tow bar in the truck, so i do not have to use it, yeesh,, it is worth it though...;)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i got me BIG TB adaptors (the ones with the 1" hole and the big hole) from somebody here on SS. these adaptors are made so they pivot just like the medium adaptors do on the front lift brackets, if you try to bush a double big hole adaptor, it will bind up on the lift brackets, the big adaptors just have to much metal

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have 2 NOS medium towbars (the medium heavies) and they both have the stickers.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks